+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Bristol

I'm Ian.

Default Hello from Bristol

Hello everyone my name is Ian from Bristol.

I have my Technics 1210 and my vinyl collection and im very happy with that

I have music from 70's/80's punk to Acid/minimal Techno but my main thing is early 88-93 breakbeat old skool/hardcore/techno and what ever else genre you could call it.

I did come here looking for an answer to a Technics question but after reading the forums felt it would be good to get more involved so here I am.

Thanks
    Ian

I'm Grant.

Plenty Techy fiends here, Ian. Welcome to the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Hi Ian, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Justin.

What other kit are you using Ian? I'm not far away so welcome...

I'm Ian.

Hi Justin

I just have an older Newmark mixer (chrome plated, woop ) and a Denon amp. Im not too teckie but would like to learn more.

I joined as i have a question about a 3rd deck i have. I just posted it on the Technics forum here but basically its a total rebuild and im asking is it worth it.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Ian. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us about the rest of the equipment in your system.

There's loads going on here, so feel free to join in and chat with the members, they're a friendly lot.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ian.

Hello Geoff

To be honest after reading the set ups of people on here mine seems rubbish but to me sounds amazing. I have definitely been inspired since being on here and would like to upgrade so any advice on what you would recommend as a starting point would be gladly appreciated.

Just to let you know though i have a Newmark DM2002X and a Denon AVR1801 which i have everything set up through. oh and my Technics 1210's.

Thanks
    Last edited by jackdog; 20-03-2017 at 19:49.

I'm Geoff.

Ian. I'd suggest starting a thread in the Blank Canvas area telling members what you are using and outlining your thoughts on where you want to go with your system. The members are a helpful and friendly lot, so I'm sure you'll get some great opinions and advice.

Oh, and nobody's equipment is regarded as rubbish. Many here have modest systems and are very happy with them .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ian,

I'd like to second Geoff's opinion: "nobody's equipment is regarded as rubbish".

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry (originally from Bristol)
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread