I know RCM's have had plenty of coverage here but I wanted to offer a few thoughts on my new Pro-Ject Record cleaning machine. Firstly it's my second one as the original developed a leak, dropping a pool of dirty fluid after about 5-6 cleans. It's replacement is a 2nd generation and has no problems so far. Set up and operation is straightforward and was up on running in under ten minutes.

Prior to this I was using a Knosti set up which has to be said is not bad at all. But this is clearly a step up getting some great results. So far I've cleaned around 50 records. The reduction and in many cases elimination in audible clicks, pops and surface noise is evident. Some records need a second clean to get the best result. I'm using 'The Right One' fluid which helps in a big way. Anyone know If Paul still producing this stuff? A big change for me is no more crap left on the stylus after playing records!

Obviously it's not the last word in record cleaning but for the price it does a damn good job. It's noisy yes and motor is also a bit noisy which apparently is common. But overall I'm really pleased. Money well spent I reckon.

Cheers

Loz