+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audiophonics I-TDA 1387 DAC

I'm Bill.

Default Audiophonics I-TDA 1387 DAC

Now that I have my R-Pi up and running, I'd like to try one of the Audiophonics DAC boards. Was going to order the I-Sabre but that is not currently available and see there is now an I-TDA 1387.

Is there anyone using this or heard it? Wondering how it compares to the I-Sabre.

I'm Neil.

Interesting. I would expect it to sound more analogue with better dynamic contrast due to being a multibit DAC. I am over-generalising though, implementation is critical.

...at the price, am tempted myself.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Luke.

Is this brand new for Audiophonics? Someone has posted their thoughts on the Volumio forum, very positive.

I'm Bill.

Any more thoughts on this one fellas?

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Any more thoughts on this one fellas?
    I have the V2 board with a pi2 in my kitchen set up, and it's excellent, so this looks very interesting...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Mel.

I have the V3 DAC and consider it to be the best PI DAC I have heard (my others being IQ and Allo).

They also have a very active forum but naturally most is in French although translation is not really an issue these days.

Their standard of construction is also well above the others so I would consider a new version from their own branding would be very good.

The only downside is the Euro exchange rate and the slightly high carriage charges.

Mel

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I have the V3 DAC and consider it to be the best PI DAC I have heard (my others being IQ and Allo).

Mel
    Which Allo DAC do you have, out of interest?

I am still in the first few days of trialling The Boss and quite impressed, certainly better then the IQaudio, though that was also very good. I had considered the V3 previously. Also the Mamboberry LS. I think they're all much on a par at this level.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Which Allo DAC do you have, out of interest?

I am still in the first few days of trialling The Boss and quite impressed, certainly better then the IQaudio, though that was also very good. I had considered the V3 previously. Also the Mamboberry LS. I think they're all much on a par at this level.
    Piano 2.1, piano 1 and Kali with each

Audiophonics seems closer to Allo Boss but based on build quality and board design I see from both, my money would be on Audiophonics in a head to head.

I'm Luke.

Interesting, thanks.

I'm Neil.

So there is a glowing review on another forum. A wide and deep soundstage was mentioned, which is indeed a trait I associate with multibit DACs. More tempted to get one for a second system now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast