+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions on this please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Personally, I reckon a tidy Leak Stereo 20 would be great with the Pioneers. Don't worry about them being 'old vintage', they're a great amp and easy to service. They work just fine with a passive pre-amp too.
    Im more concerned with what ive read about roll-off with the leak. I dont fully understand but its "typical of the era" so says the reviewer.

Alans gear is still top of the list for me but the MingDa is a lot cheaper lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Im more concerned with what ive read about roll-off with the leak.
    I've had several Stereo 20 amps and there's nothing rolled off about the sound at all. Quite the opposite I'd say. Driving my Tannoys, the sound was punchy and dynamic, no shortage of bass depth or top end extension. The transparency, mid clarity and just all round 'rightness' of the Leak sound is very appealing.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've had several Stereo 20 amps and there's nothing rolled off about the sound at all. Quite the opposite I'd say. ..... the sound was punchy and dynamic, no shortage of bass depth or top end extension. The transparency, mid clarity and just all round 'rightness' of the Leak sound is very appealing.
    +1

The Leak St20 is a great amp, full stop.
    A sensibly serviced example doesn't sound 'vintage' - in fact it sounds more modern than most modern amps!

+ Reply to Thread