+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi All.

I'm Philip.

Smile Hi All.

Hi everybody, I am new to posting on forums, old to reading them though, for all the wonderful information that is here. I may not post very much but I do read. Like my name iboldfella, so is my gear!! original LP12 from 70's no mods at all (can't afford them) currently fitted with a JELCO SA 750 D tonearm with FR 2 mk1 cartridge also a technics SL-1200 in the process of modifying at the moment. pre-amp and power amps are by Musical Fidelity 2xP180 with 2xCRPS running in mono and MX pre-amp playing Shahinian ARC and a project tuner. I only own vinyl so that is it except for the vinyl. I have stopped looking at magazines as the gear they recommend is in the stratosphere for me these days!! Please fell free to ask me any questions about me or my gear, although please don't be offended if I take a while simply because it may take me a while to return, simply because I am busy still working and when I am not I have six grandchildren that I enjoy having and when I don't I enjoy listening to music. Thank you for having me all it is much appreciated.

Kind Regards
    iboldfella

I'm Grant.

Hi and welcome Philip. Hope you enjoy the forum. Join in any topic that interests you, or start one if you feel the need. They are a friendly bunch.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Philip. Welcome to AOS.

Six grand kids is plenty. I have two living with me and that's about all I can cope with!

Many of us just use records, so you won't be alone.

You've come to the right place for info on Technics turntable. If you haven't already, check out the Techiepedia sub forum in the 'Analogue Arts' section.

There's loads going on here, so there's bound to be something to interest you. Feel free to join in.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Philip.

Talking Thanks

HI to you both, thank you for your warm welcome.

Kind Regards
    Philip

I'm Dave.

Hi Philip, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Philip.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread