+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from East Sussex

I'm Bruce.

Default Hello from East Sussex

Hello,
    My name is Bruce and I have just joined.

I live near Heathfield in East Sussex.

I have quite a varied taste in music, as a boy I used to play my parents records which was a bit of a mismatch but it was Punk that I really started to buy with my paper round money Then moved on to reggae and hip hop and a whole host of other stuff enjoying older bands as well as modern stuff, mostly indy on the modern stuff.

I recently dug out my vinyl which has been stored for the last 20 years and here I am

I have a few low end bits and looking to build up to something reasonable without breaking the bank

I like cars and a bit of xbox when I am not fixing up the house, playing music or working.

See you around

Bruce

I'm Rob.

Hi Bruce. I am in West Sussex (postcoded Surrey) I once ventured through Heathfield (about 30 years ago) on our way back from a long weekend Nr Hurstmonceaux. Nice place. I have lots of vinyl, but only a turntable without a working arm. Don't reckon I have played some of mine for over 20 years.

Welcome. Get involved here and have fun.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

Hi Bruce. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what equipment you are using and what plans you may have in mind for your system.

There's lots going on here, so please feel free to get involved and chat with members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Bruce.

Thanks for the welcome.

Puffin, I like the way you quote a Surrey postcode

Well Geoff, at the moment I have a Technics SL-BD20 turntable, a NAD PP2E pre amp wired up to an Onkyo TR SR607 amp, along with a Marrantz 5005 CD player and a pair of Celestion Ditton 120 speakers. However, I also have a Rotel 840BX amp and a pair of Tannoy 603's and then a pair of Ditton 33's that I just bought.

I wired it up to the Onkyo amp as it was there for an xbox and it has more power than the Rotel but I'm not sure whether to use the Rotel amp instead and if the Tannoy or Celestion speakers are best.

I'm not sure what I should be using out of what I have and the next thing to buy as an improvement.

On top of that I have a PYE Mozart HF10 which I am selling as I would be better off using the money towards a new something (amp?) than trying to locate another one.

This is what I have and I suppose I can only go up from here

cheers
    Bruce

I'm jamie.

hi bruce,im not far from you in brighton
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

Welcome to the site Bruce.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Bruce.

Are you sure you want to sell the Pye HF10 amp? Is single channel? If twin channel, it would be a pity to sell it as it really is a very good sounding amp.

Anyway, enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Mick.

Hi Bruce. Welcome to AOS
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Bruce.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Barry,
    I was always going to do something with the HF10, I have had it for 20 years but its just sat in a cupboard. I just thought that i would be better with something more practical. I have put it on ebay but now you have me thinking. I have searched for another but none about. Someone messaged me from Italy who has been looking for ages.

hmmm...

+ Reply to Thread