+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY inerconect advice

I'm Nikola.

Default DIY inerconect advice

Hello people.

Just need some advice if someone can help what you think that is best way to do it.
    I have ordered some 24 AWG Precision Shielded Silver Plated Clear PTFE Twisted Pair Wire from USA to do some DC umbilical cable for linear PSU.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-feet-24-A...3D231928380607

And I have 1 meter left so I have decided to try to make RCA interconnects since I have some spare RCA plugs.
    Since wire is 2 conduct with shield and for pair I will end up with 2 X 50 cm of wire I would like not to solder end resolder again.
    What would be yours advice how to do it. Searching on web I have found 3 solutions. One is to complicated for me so I will stick to next two.

Should I twist both wires together and use like one wire and use shield like with coax cable.

Or should I do it....on one end(to source component) of interconnect neutral + shield connected together on the barrel...and on the other end(target component) shield completely isolated...just neutral line on the barrel.

I am now using cheap qed performance audio 40 for that job and I am satisfied but just want to see is there gonna be any difference in sound and what kind.

Many thanks!

Nikola

I'm Brian.

Hi Nikola unfortunately sometimes you have to experiment . In most cases I have found using the two inner cables as feed and return , and connecting the shield at the source end , works well for me .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Nikola.

Thank you for your comment.
    Cheers!

I'm stuart.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Hi Nikola unfortunately sometimes you have to experiment . In most cases I have found using the two inner cables as feed and return , and connecting the shield at the source end , works well for me .
    I agree with Brian, you need to experiment. I found phono amp to line line level sounded best with screen connected, DAC etc better with no screen connected. This was with two inner cables and screen.

I'm Nikola.

Thank you all!
    At the end...I have done it like "pseudo-balance" mode with source end neutral + shield.
    Cheers!

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I agree with the method here, attach the ground shield to the downstream end. Many store bought cables are made this way, but I've heard of disconnecting the outside shield from ether end. I'm not sure why this would be better, but, in some instances it sounds better, worth experimenting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread