+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: passive pre-amp

I'm terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    Oh schiit!! Try this link https://schiit.eu.com/preamps/Saga
    looks a fair price for the facilities offered, but would like to be rid of as many power supplies as possible, I accept that maybe when I have tried the full passive route, a compromise may be called for,in which case the unit you recomend may be the answer.
    cheers for link

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    A customer just a few days ago wanted the output of a pre increasing as he thought the main amp was "being worked harder" by having the volume control at a higher setting!
    Yep, I've heard that one a few times

I'm terry.

Default passive

Well Well,spend a weekend with the passive set up, and have to say IMPRESSIVE. From CD, sound as good as i've heard,whatever genre from RyCooder, John Hiat, to guitars from Chet Atkins/Les Paul, totaly silent no background smear and no sibilance. Deep wide soundstage;

From LP, with both the Angle Audio and Firebottle phono stages,the sound was a little disappointing, instruments fine , sharp and clear, but voices a little recessed, a bit like being out of phase or mono.
    I eventually sorted this by moving the speakers 3 feet further apart, and everything opened up, like a totally different system, I have never heard Primal scream(screamadelica) sound so good, totally filled the room.
    tested treble with Tull, Songs from the wood, superb.
    Anyway a convert to Passive, it stays as is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123