+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing speakers: looking for input or experience of products

I'm Colin.

Default Changing speakers: looking for input or experience of products

I currently run system audio floor standing speakers with a Devialet 120. I want to purchase some speakers with also can mate to the Devialet SAM system. I am auditioning some Dali and triangle stand mount speakers. But I am interested in Kef ls50 and rs300. I can't audition them very easily so wondered if anybody had experience of either kefs where attached to the same amp or not.

Regards

Colin

I'm Simon.

I've never owned them but I've heard the kef ls50s loads of times and they are great for the price. I think you should try some atcs too. What's your budget? My system is pmc 25-23 and cyrus signature stuff. The 25-21s are very good too.

I'm Colin.

I have got some triangle ln05 installed as of yesterday on loan from Elite Audio. Very pleased so far and haven't used theSAM software of the Devialet yet. I have also got some vovox cable on loan which is an improvenent on my own chord. The only problem is that it's on offer but really too short. But I think it's to do with solid core cable I always think it performs better. I need to see what's available at non ridiculous prices. Was wondering about nva ls5 or Spatia cables. Speakers wise though very good!

I'm Martin.

I'd recommend the NVA LS5 if you want less glare in the midrange and better bass definition (and power, to an extent). But if it already sounds a bit laid back maybe not a good choice.

You dodged a bullet not getting the KEF LS50 I think. They are okay but they are small and don't have the bass response some people claim. Well, I didn't think so anyway. Possibly I had read too much hype about them. Anyway big Triangles much better
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I think you need to be clear about why you are changing your speakers and what you are looking for in a new pair. As a long time LS35a user I like the Kefs. They deliver much of what the classic BBC design does well but with better bass, dynamics and detail. However, they are a long way from floor standing designs and you may not be able to live with their tonal balance and forward presentation. I am not a fan of most floorstanders as I have found it costs a lot of money to overcome the boxiness of cabinet design.

Why are you looking to change and what is your budget?

Geoff

I'm Colin.

Well one of the drivers (no pun intended) was to obtain a speaker which would operate with theSAM software that Devialet use. Initially I was looking at standmount because I to a certain degree agree about the boxiness and have either gone for stanmounts or generally narrow fronted floor speakers. The dealer has Dali and triangle some off which are Devialet compatible but recommended the ln05 as they are a very compact floor stander. I have known the dealer many years and have a lot of faith in them as they have always given very good advice.
    So far this weekend they have been great but the speaker cable I borrowed does improve them over my chords.
    Colin

I'm Steven.

I've got P3ESR on the end of my Devialet 250 Pro at the moment, although I'm not that fussed with or without SAM.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Colin.

They were/are on th list. Nice speakers, I haven't tried SAM yet ,busy weekend and have just been using speakers with different cables.VOvox are clear winner at moment. May TRY some grHam slee on them.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    They were/are on th list. Nice speakers, I haven't tried SAM yet ,busy weekend and have just been using speakers with different cables.VOvox are clear winner at moment. May TRY some grHam slee on them.
    Wouldn't worry too much about cables. I
    use DNM with my P3's, have a spare 3m pair from my main system that you can have half price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Colin.

Well that's the issue, the vovox are really good but only just over 3 m so too short, I was considering DNm as they are solid core as well. As before they are on the list , I think mission used to do a similar model as well.but thanks for the offer.
    Colin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast