+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Turntable - Budget £200

I'm Chris.

Default Newbie Turntable - Budget £200

Hi Folks,

Pretty simple one this - friend of mine asking for advice on a turntable for around the £200 for her fella's birthday - first foray into Vinyl....

I guess less compliacated the better - inbuilt phono stage ideal..

So far i've come up with:-

Flexson VinylPlay £200 (includes inbuilt phono stage and USB which is handy)
    Project Primary £189 (includes inbuild phono mm stage and usb)

Any others anyone can reccommend?

Regards

Chris.

I'm Kevin.

A secondhand RP3 would be much better.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Dave.

Any Rega will be better but no inbuilt phono stage.

blackstar Guest

Grab a cheap phono stage because 99% of those inbuilt players are poor.

I'm Simon.

Don't waste your time on any 'all in one' solution as they're just poor and will destroy records. I would personally look out for a used Rega (ideally an RP2 or 3) and then get a 2nd hand phono stage to go with it. I reckon you could get something decent for £200 if you keep an eye out on all the usual places for 2nd hand gear.

I'm Paul.

For £200 you can get a Thorens TD-160 which IMHO is better than either of the OP's options

No built in Phono stage though but they can be had for little money these days, as long as you don't want one with a recognised Hi-Fi name on it, often around £20 for something to get you started.
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I agree with most of the above suggestions. A Schiit Mani phono stage with a decent 2nd hand Rega or their likes will simply blow all in one TT's into the weeds.

I'm Mike.

I would agree with the suggestions above, but air on the side of the Rega as they are so simple.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm terry.

Default project

Got msy lad a Project Elemental for last Christmas, as near plug and play as you can get, nothing to set or adjust, good tracking, fair sound, £160 ish.
    £190 with USB £30 for starter phono stage. All from Amazon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast