+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi Rez or Low Rez ?

I'm James.

Default Hi Rez or Low Rez ?

Interesting article on Digital audio, streaming and Hi Rez recordings.
    http://positive-feedback.com/audio-d...-andreas-koch/
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Rob.

Yup!
    Musical fidelity does not increase by moving away from the original recording (i.e. inserting more and more post processing steps and conversions), but by moving towards it (removing processing steps and conversions).
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Alan.

Interesting ..., ultimate p*ss take of MQA, very amusingly constructed.

Interesting to read that he thinks the majority of recorded music is at CD quality, never mind the 'supposed' sample rate of newer releases.

Was tickled by this as well : 'but they don't have our clever and focused marketing campaign with the reality distortion field. Ultimately, a format war is decided in marketing, not engineering.'

Reality distortion field ....

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Interesting ..., ultimate p*ss take of MQA, very amusingly constructed.

Interesting to read that he thinks the majority of recorded music is at CD quality, never mind the 'supposed' sample rate of newer releases.

Was tickled by this as well : 'but they don't have our clever and focused marketing campaign with the reality distortion field. Ultimately, a format war is decided in marketing, not engineering.'

Reality distortion field ....
    Yep - definitely a reality check. I too was concerned but not surprised that a lot of so called Hi Rez is up sampled Lo Rez or CD quality recording.

Another article I read from a Hi Rez distributor also claimed there was no way of evaluating for sure if your MQA recording was giving you the Hi Rez recording you thought you were getting.

Is this another way the industry is going to extract more money from us for the same recordings that have been fiddled with!? Its a sad tale.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Alan.

Having read the technical info on MQA recently I wouldn't give it house room.

I'm Simon.

Its just a licensing scam with inbuilt DRM that will be turned on once its established.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread