+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD Integrated amp £1000 max

I'm Dan.

Default WTD Integrated amp £1000 max

Hi Guys

After an integrated amp fo my brother, for a maximum of a grand, so don't try and drag the budget out further please as it really is just a grand.

It will be to go with his LV Avatar 2 and he doesn't want a Marantz PM-4 or valve amp.

He likes bouncy and musical with good body and detail, in fact it can be a little difficult to get things right for him, an Exposure 3010sd2 would be the type of sound and amp he would like, an MC stage would be a bonus also. We have had a good check and look about and can't really find anything that would do him so thought I'd pop up a wanted ad and see what we have overlooked or what u guys may we'll have tucked away not doing much.

U can throw normal sensibility out the window when u attempt to match the LV's as everything in the past that should have suited them he personally hasn't liked, this isn't straight forward I know but he wants to keep the speakers so it may just even be better in this instance to consider a solid state integrated amp for its own properties rather than crucially matching with the LV's!

All the best, Dan

Bigman80 Guest

I have this Sony im considering letting go. Its £400. Well below your budget but I think its so underated its criminal.

21kgs and has a selectable loading on the MC stage. Delivery would be expensive due to weight.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Shane.

Nice looking Sony. Which model is it?

S.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post

S.
    Its the Sony 730ES. Very beautiful condition. Just feeling the need for some valves and haven't got an endless budget so I have to move things around.

I'm Geoff.

S.
    Sony TA-F730ES. It's in the picture!

I'm Grant.

shame to split them tbh. I'd deffo keep em
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Its the Sony 730ES. Very beautiful condition. Just feeling the need for some valves and haven't got an endless budget so I have to move things around.

Thanks, Oliver. Sorry for asking...Eye sight is a tad blurred. Wish I had the funds...That amp looks like it'll drive my AE1's well.

S.

Bigman80 Guest

Thanks, Oliver. Sorry for asking...Eye sight is a tad blurred. Wish I had the funds...That amp looks like it'll drive my AE1's well.

S.
    Haha. No worries mate. Yeah it'll drive nearly anything !!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    shame to split them tbh. I'd deffo keep em
    I know mate but im not a fan of CD format at all so why keep it and not use it. Id prefer it to get some use and someone enjoy it. Its a fabulous combo thats for sure.

Im going in a different direction so its out there forb someone to enjoy.

I'm Steve.

You'll get recommended the slimline sugden a21A, which I have used with Avatars and it was ok, I actually preferred the sound of the A21 s2 as it had a bit more S parkle and grip albeit a little less sweet - the avatars will bring enough sweetness to the midrange anyway.
    For that money its a no brainer and generally regularly available.
    Your typical solid state type amps sound hard and flat through Avatars in my experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast