+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which LP are you using for demoing your turntable?

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by perlogalism View Post
    + 1 for Tracy Chapman (Mountains o' things is my track of choice)

Paul Simon: Rhythm of the Saints

Neneh Cherry: Homebrew

Annie Lennox: Diva

MoR and proud of it ;-)
    Nothing MOR about Paul Simon. Closest thing we have to a popular music genius!
    IB

I'm Dave.

Labi Siffre - crying, laughing, loving, lying,
    Frank Zappa - Zoot Allures,
    Culture - Harder than the rest,
    Steve Hillage - Green

to name but a few, all old ones..
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Mark.

Default Which LP are you using for demoing your turntable?

12" White Label of PIL's Warrior!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by M6NTL View Post
    12" White Label of PIL's Warrior!
    Cool. Best one yet.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Paul Simon "Graceland". Such a clear, sharp record!
    Vaughan Williams "London Symphony", LPO conducted by Sir Adrian Boult. Huge dynamic range from this analogue recording.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Labi Siffre - crying, laughing, loving, lying,
    Frank Zappa - Zoot Allures,
    Culture - Harder than the rest,
    Steve Hillage - Green

to name but a few, all old ones..
    That sifre album is a good un. Not heard the vinyl yet.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

i use a track from Flying Fish HDS 701 called, Sauerkraut and Solar Energy .you can read about the process here,
    http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/vta_method_e.html
    once i have that sounding nice i then use pink floyds the wall lp,side 1 and 3.

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dave.

Good production , the vinyl sounds great. The track 'it must be love', i play loads. When it drops out to just uke,nice bass too
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Good production , the vinyl sounds great. The track 'it must be love', i play loads. When it drops out to just uke,nice bass too
    Put the vinyl on my list
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Live At Carnegie Hall.
    Communique- Dire Straits.
    Rattle That Lock - David Gilmore
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast