+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which LP are you using for demoing your turntable?

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Side two starts with, "Race with the Devil", that has some fantastic guitar playing, and the song is just full of percussive and other instruments that fill a very definite sonic space. The way your table can keep all of this busy stuff apart, to allow you to hear all of the minute details, plus it's just an excellent recording. It has that "in the room" feel to it with Al's guitar. All through side two, ending with Elegant Gypsy is full of excellent guitar work, if you're into that sort of thing. In fact, I think I'll play it right now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In a sort of kind of similar fashion, I like to play Chick Corea's "Leprechaun" to those who are curious to hear what a good turntable can do. That LP has some pretty impressive dynamics.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Geoff.

a favorite standby is Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon. Because everyone has heard it a million times
    And I hate hearing it for just that reason.

Got an original release that never gets played.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    And I hate hearing it for just that reason.

Got an original release that never gets played.
    I hear you, I can't remember the last time I played it just for the pleasure of it. (dSoM) when I'm in the mood for Pink Floyd, I reach for Animals most often.

Now I'm shopping for a copy of Leprechaun! I haven't thought about that in 25 years!

I'm Alex.

I hear you, I can't remember the last time I played it just for the pleasure of it. (dSoM) when I'm in the mood for Pink Floyd, I reach for Animals most often.

Now I'm shopping for a copy of Leprechaun! I haven't thought about that in 25 years!
    Haha, beware -- good pressing of Leprechaun can blow you out of the listening room. That recording is HOTTTTTT! Steve Gadd on drums is a motherfucker.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Haha, beware -- good pressing of Leprechaun can blow you out of the listening room. That recording is HOTTTTTT! Steve Gadd on drums is a motherfucker.
    That's great! Since I got my new amp, it's like I just discovered drums again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Mark.

'Nuclear Burn' from Brand X 'Unorthodox Behaviour' !
    Or for female vocals - 'Proud Maisrie' from Shirley Collins/Davey Graham 'Folk roots new routes'.

I'm John.

Shirley Collins and Davey Graham! Two track recording, no manipulation - wonderful!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Used to test my tt's with Crime of the century on speakers corner records, by supertramp. An awesome recording. Lately its been also The great summit on wax time, by Louis armstrong and duke ellington.
    Yes! I managed to get my hands on the Supertramp "Crime of the Century" LP (the sticker on the cover says "Audiophile edition"; not sure what does that mean?) But man, the sound on that LP is stunning!

Another discovery I made this weekend is Eberhart Weber "Little Movements" LP. Got it at a garage sale for $2.00, not in the best shape, but also thunderously sounding. Now I'm on the hunt for that LP in the new LPs sections (hopefully it's not out of print).

Alex.

I'm steven.

Stevie ray vaughn and double trouble can't stand the weather.Steven Wilson raven that refused to sing Steve Earle copperhead road.Ozric tentacles underslunky.Holly cole trio don't smoke in bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Glen.

Peter Gabriel 4. I managed to get one of the last of the 45 rpm half speed remasters. Absolutely fabulous. I've also just ordered Counting Crow's August on 200g 45 rpm, supposed to be awesome... 10/10 according to Michael Fremer, whatever that's worth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast