+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Firebottle OTP Phono Stage

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You dont need bags of experience to know when something sounds great. Thats the best bit.
    Definitely. Ears are the most reliable tools. Reviews, opinions and specs can only tell you so much.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Definitely. Ears are the most reliable tools. Reviews, opinions and specs can only tell you so much.
    Spot on.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Fisual Hollywood Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Oliver.

Ferociously testing multiple types of Capacitors for the next incarnation of the FB-OTP and the upgrade pack.

Ive had to buy a headphone amp to please the Wife. Listening to the same song 10 times in a row does get on peoples nerves lol.

Its amazing how different they all sound.

Next: Opamps

Got these (plus many others!) to audition next!

Burson V5i

Sparkylabs SS3602 discrete

More to follow!
    Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Fisual Hollywood Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234