+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Firebottle OTP Phono Stage

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You dont need bags of experience to know when something sounds great. Thats the best bit.
    Definitely. Ears are the most reliable tools. Reviews, opinions and specs can only tell you so much.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Definitely. Ears are the most reliable tools. Reviews, opinions and specs can only tell you so much.
    Spot on.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Ferociously testing multiple types of Capacitors for the next incarnation of the FB-OTP and the upgrade pack.

Ive had to buy a headphone amp to please the Wife. Listening to the same song 10 times in a row does get on peoples nerves lol. Seems that the most expensive capacitors aren't always the best sounding!!

Its amazing how different they all sound.

Next: Opamps

More to follow!
    Last edited by Bigman80; 24-05-2017 at 17:01.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ferociously testing multiple types of Capacitors for the next incarnation of the FB-OTP and the upgrade pack.

Ive had to buy a headphone amp to please the Wife. Listening to the same song 10 times in a row does get on peoples nerves lol. Seems that the most expensive capacitors aren't always the best sounding!!

Its amazing how different they all sound.

Next: Opamps

More to follow!
    Make sure you give each type a decent time to not just burn in but for your ears to adjust. I went through lots when I was making my own cross overs. I eventually went for a combination which I never thought I would do. Combinations also set a different playing field so try and do it methodically. I'm sure you are though 😁

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Make sure you give each type a decent time to not just burn in but for your ears to adjust. I went through lots when I was making my own cross overs. I eventually went for a combination which I never thought I would do. Combinations also set a different playing field so try and do it methodically. I'm sure you are though 😁

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Thats a good shout, Josie. I am looking for further option as there are many to look at. Thankfully, someone informed me of some other to try so they will be on the purchase list soon!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234