+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on this Pro-Ject music streamer DSA?

I'm Mike.

Default Opinions on this Pro-Ject music streamer DSA?

I second the Chromecast Audio, for around £20 it's a no brainier, can use Tidal, Spotify, Play Music, TuneIn Radio, Deezer and countless other music sources, just plug it into your CD digital input ( need to buy a cable as it doesn't come supplied with the Digi one ), or via the 3.5 to rca inputs in your amp. Digital will be superior but rca will be fine too see if it will do the trick for you.

I'd resist spending to much as the makers are very good at making your current streaming device obsolete with new models seemingly arriving monthly lol.

I could loan you a Chromecast Audio to try and see if it's for you

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    The Pioneer NP 01 looks a good alternative,£249 at superfi
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I second the Chromecast Audio, for around £20 it's a no brainier, can use Tidal, Spotify, Play Music, TuneIn Radio, Deezer and countless other music sources, just plug it into your CD digital input ( need to buy a cable as it doesn't come supplied with the Digi one ), or via the 3.5 to rca inputs in your amp. Digital will be superior but rca will be fine too see if it will do the trick for you.

I'd resist spending to much as the makers are very good at making your current streaming device obsolete with new models seemingly arriving monthly lol.

I could loan you a Chromecast Audio to try and see if it's for you
    Does the chromecast hook up to your pc? The OP dosnt want this?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Nope
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nope
    Ah well then, you live n learn��
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mike.

All the CCA needs is a micro USB psu 5v, a wifi connection and either a smart phone or tablet (iOS or Android) and then connect it your amp, active speakers or DAC.

You can even use it as a headphone amp, I regularly use one of mine to listen via headphones as the 3.5mm output can be either analogue or digital, just use the phone or tablet to control volume.

I'm Grant.

For money, ie about 25 quid or so, you cant touch it really. Sound is damn good too. Ive got one attached to my stereo, and one on my headphone rig. Just tune in on phone or tablet, to spotify and press cast button. Bingo it comes out other end. Remarkably stable too. 16/44 output as well, although spotify is 320kbs, run tthough my dac into headphones you wouldnt know. Rarely use my rpi now. Convenient, cheap and good. Even comes with a short cable, and a 5v psu
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Seems a no brainer for streaming then

I'm Grant.

Default Opinions on this Pro-Ject music streamer DSA?

Here is my headphone one with optical into my minidac and out to cans. I sit mine in a metal phone cradle as it acts as a heat sink. I use a battery power pack to run it

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Here is my headphone one with optical into my minidac and out to cans. I sit mine in a metal phone cradle as it acts as a heat sink. I use a battery power pack to run it

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in that picture? Is that a picture on the front of the device? A video screen? Or a disc? And is the Chromecast device really a "dongle" if it doesn't plug into your computer?

But I'm still a bit confused. You run power to this device, and then plug its output into a DAC, and it connects to the internet via WiFi, and you operate it with an app on a smart phone, that also connects to the device through WiFi, Is this correct? Sounds like a lot for such a low price. Will wonders ever cease? I do appreciate the offer to loan me one, but I'm over here in the States, the shipping will be more than the device.

But I will read up on this Chromecast device, heck, for that price I'll buy one just to see what it does. I've probably got enough cables lying around to hook it up. And i do have a smart phone and iPad, so it could prove the cheapest solution. Thanks all for your input. Once I get something up and running, I'll better understand the logistics of the whole process and see where I want to go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

pretty much.. its not got a screen. its just an etched front. Then onnection can be mini optical for a dac or 35mm(headphone size) audio jack as the unit has a dac in it(a fairly decent one). How they do it for £30 and less is unknown. if you wish you can plug headphones straight into it, as I used to before getting the mini dac/headphone amp. volume will be controlled by the smartphone. You could use it with a pc, if you were running an app that had cast, or through the chrome web browser which obviously has it, and cast all things from your pc too should you wish. They do get hottish, but apparently thats normal. I sit mine in the phone holster which acts as a heatsink of sorts and it runs cooler. I use mine a good few hrs a day, unless I have the pc on when I run a sb cable through to the same dac, and listen to any msic I own on flac via headphones.
    I have one in main system but it doesnt see an awful lot of use. in fact my main system doesnt as im addicted to this setup.

Nothing really to lose at that price. if you want to use it into a dac you would need a mini optical to optical cable, otherwise a 3.5 mm to twin rca will do.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast