Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
pretty much.. its not got a screen. its just an etched front. Then onnection can be mini optical for a dac or 35mm(headphone size) audio jack as the unit has a dac in it(a fairly decent one). How they do it for £30 and less is unknown. if you wish you can plug headphones straight into it, as I used to before getting the mini dac/headphone amp. volume will be controlled by the smartphone. You could use it with a pc, if you were running an app that had cast, or through the chrome web browser which obviously has it, and cast all things from your pc too should you wish. They do get hottish, but apparently thats normal. I sit mine in the phone holster which acts as a heatsink of sorts and it runs cooler. I use mine a good few hrs a day, unless I have the pc on when I run a sb cable through to the same dac, and listen to any msic I own on flac via headphones.
I have one in main system but it doesnt see an awful lot of use. in fact my main system doesnt as im addicted to this setup.

Nothing really to lose at that price. if you want to use it into a dac you would need a mini optical to optical cable, otherwise a 3.5 mm to twin rca will do.
I've got a few Toslink optical cables, but have not seen a mini optical? I'm sure they've got it on eBay. It sounds like much of the work is being done on the smartphone? Not just a remote? I'll let you know how it turns out once I get it rolling!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk