+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New pair of speakers, new or second hand

I'm Luis.

Default New pair of speakers, new or second hand

Hello everyone,

I just opened a bottle of excelent portuguese wine (if anyone doesnt know it, pm me) and I think its time to get a new pair of speakers. My Pi3 player is arriving and I want it to be well received.

I sold my MA BX5 that I didnt like very much and now have a pair of Yamahas but I dont think they are what I need. I will move them to my office.

I have an audiolab 8000 amp. My living room is 40 sq metters. I have speakers stands but I can sell them.

If I am looking for a pair of second hand speakers what should I look for?

Many thanks

I'm Robert.

Budget ?

I'm Luis.

500 euros

I'm Luis.

Anyone??

I'm Martin.

Bit more information required, Luis. How large is your room, are you restricted in where you can place the speakers, what is/are the main types of music you listen to and what didn't you like about the MA and the Yamaha speakers?

500e buys a lot of second-hand speaker these days, you should be able to get something really good, but there is a lot of options to narrow down.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Luis.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Bit more information required, Luis. How large is your room, are you restricted in where you can place the speakers, what is/are the main types of music you listen to and what didn't you like about the MA and the Yamaha speakers?

500e buys a lot of second-hand speaker these days, you should be able to get something really good, but there is a lot of options to narrow down.
    Dear Macca,

My room is 40 sqm.
    I will place the speakers next to the tv.

I listen to all kinds of music except for classical. Jazz, house, edm, electro popo, indie, rock, etc...

I'm Martin.

Here's a few from eBay I think would do the job -

Castle Chesters for £250 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Castl...0AAOSwfVpYwXdK

Mission Argonauts £450
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floor-Stan...0AAOSwTuJYnxnR

Tannoy DC6T for £500 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Rev...sAAOSwCU1YvYEZ

Older KEFs are a good match with the Audiolab 8000A, have a look for some of them also. Your room is large enough to take a decent size floorstander.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Luis.

I will look for these here in my coutry first. Do you think Tannoy could be a good match?

I'm Martin.

Yes. Your amp is pretty neutral and clean-sounding, has good current delivery, so should be a good match for anything that isn't too exotic in terms of load or power requirements.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaCorreia View Post
    I will look for these here in my coutry first. Do you think Tannoy could be a good match?
    Good Tannoys could well be. There are some to avoid.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast