+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: JBL L40 speakers & spare pair JBL 127A drivers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Sharif.

Just a plus from a L40 owner!

Fantastic speaker that works well with a 10watt plus valve amps.

I've read somewhere the L40's were one of the best sounding small book shelf speakers they made.

I'm Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioflyer View Post
    Just a plus from a L40 owner!

Fantastic speaker that works well with a 10watt plus valve amps.

I've read somewhere the L40's were one of the best sounding small book shelf speakers they made.
    You're at Scalford again this year, I think? If anyone wants to hear what these can do, then they should pop over to your room, and be prepared to hear one of the finest sounds I've ever heard. Your room last year with the JBL's was easily one of the best and I could have sat in there all day. Think it would be fair to say hifi critics have a lot to answer for with vintage JBL's.

I'm sure I remember reading that too and thinking - they must have had 'big' small book shelf's back then! These aren't small!
    Last edited by vinyl; 13-03-2017 at 12:44.

I'm Sharif.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    You're at Scalford again this year, I think? If anyone wants to hear what these can do, then they should pop over to your room, and be prepared to hear one of the finest sounds I've ever heard. Your room last year with the JBL's was easily one of the best and I could have sat in there all day. Think it would be fair to say hifi critics have a lot to answer for with vintage JBL's.

I'm sure I remember reading that too and thinking - they must have had 'big' small book shelf's back then! These aren't small!
    Yes they will be a scalford again and will be power by my Quad II's & 22 preamp.

I'm also taking along a 25 watt Class A Electocompainet amp and preamp if it stops frying it drive transistors!

Sharif.

+ Reply to Thread