+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: JBL L40 speakers & spare pair JBL 127A drivers

I'm Manny.

Default FS: JBL L40 speakers & spare pair JBL 127A drivers

JBL L40 speakers with a spare pair original JBL 127A bass drivers

For sale my JBL L40 speakers, in great condition, full original spec, never modified and full working order, I bought these for keeps and thus sought out the extra pair of drivers as back up spares. I had both the foam edge surrounds replaced which was completed to a very high standard by Wembley Loudspeaker in November 2016 (Askew Crescent, London) and have the receipt.

These have been well cared for and are in time warp condition, there is no musty smell or any odour from inside the cabinet or internal foam damping lining, exterior wood or the original grills.

(The spare pair drivers are working fine and just need new foam edge surrounds).

Sell for, £400. I have no boxes so these are collection only. Payment via Bank transfer.

NOW SOLD

Last edited by vinyl; 13-03-2017 at 14:40.

I'm Geoff.

Great speakers. I'd have them if I wasn't speakered up to the eyeballs at the moment. A bargain for the sound quality on offer!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Yes, very good buy, what with the spare drivers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Great speakers. I'd have them if I wasn't speakered up to the eyeballs at the moment. A bargain for the sound quality on offer!
    Cheers Geoff, completely gutted to let these go.

I'm Sharif.

Just a plus from a L40 owner!

Fantastic speaker that works well with a 10watt plus valve amps.

I've read somewhere the L40's were one of the best sounding small book shelf speakers they made.

I'm Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioflyer View Post
    Just a plus from a L40 owner!

Fantastic speaker that works well with a 10watt plus valve amps.

I've read somewhere the L40's were one of the best sounding small book shelf speakers they made.
    You're at Scalford again this year, I think? If anyone wants to hear what these can do, then they should pop over to your room, and be prepared to hear one of the finest sounds I've ever heard. Your room last year with the JBL's was easily one of the best and I could have sat in there all day. Think it would be fair to say hifi critics have a lot to answer for with vintage JBL's.

I'm sure I remember reading that too and thinking - they must have had 'big' small book shelf's back then! These aren't small!
    Last edited by vinyl; 13-03-2017 at 12:44.

I'm Sharif.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    You're at Scalford again this year, I think? If anyone wants to hear what these can do, then they should pop over to your room, and be prepared to hear one of the finest sounds I've ever heard. Your room last year with the JBL's was easily one of the best and I could have sat in there all day. Think it would be fair to say hifi critics have a lot to answer for with vintage JBL's.

I'm sure I remember reading that too and thinking - they must have had 'big' small book shelf's back then! These aren't small!
    Yes they will be a scalford again and will be power by my Quad II's & 22 preamp.

I'm also taking along a 25 watt Class A Electocompainet amp and preamp if it stops frying it drive transistors!

Sharif.

I'm Ben.

PM sent
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Manny.

SOLD

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    SOLD
    Hugely excited about these, will be in touch to arrange collection as we discussed Manny.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast