+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet ups in Sussex anyone??

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Sorry for the thread drift Simon ( I may have to start a new thread). You are right Martin, i have seen similar, but not that often . Do you think the system used made people more aware of the music ? What was playing?
    No that's alright. I tend to think I'd rather be listening to my hi fi when cooking etc, then something which doesn't sound as good. i agree listening to hi fi is best done sitting in the right spot between the speakers like I mostly often do, but I can enjoy it just as much when bumbling around my flat doing different things, because if you have good soundstage the sound is all over the place anyway.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    im in brighton and live alone too,wanna start a sucide club? lol
    if anyone wants to hear my system and bring some gear or records they know well round im up for that
    Hi Jamie,
    I'm down in Brighton a lot and will take you up on that sometime. Do you know of anyone else in the area who is very into hi fi. Your offer to me extends to yourself too, if you want to come and check my stuff out. As I say I'm in Haywards heath. Listen to lots of different music. Maybe it would be good to get a group together first following further interest here. Simon

I'm Grant.

Yes i used to like the meets up here when i was fitter.

To other point, i guess i do other things while listening to music a lot. Usually on here for start lol. Listening to old crow as i type
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Yep,
    I live in Eastbourne and am always pleased to see that there are others fairly local, a get together would be great idea if anyone was to organise one then I would be only to pleased to visit see and hear other peoples systems, cant do one at the moment as I am speaker less

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i guess i do other things while listening to music a lot. Usually on here for start lol. Listening to old crow as i type
    Same here, point i was trying to make was, we still listen. Many friends of mine seem to be completely unaware of the music , in that i would say" that was a great track", them " oh what was playing, i wasn't listening ".
    I am not saying to listen to music you have to sit in one spot and give it your full attention. Just that there are many people out there who would turn a radio on, or Pop a CD into their player and not even listen .
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Yep,
    I live in Eastbourne and am always pleased to see that there are others fairly local, a get together would be great idea if anyone was to organise one then I would be only to pleased to visit see and hear other peoples systems, cant do one at the moment as I am speaker less
    looks like a SEBO ,could be on the cards.... great.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Geoff.

there are many people out there who would turn a radio on, or Pop a CD into their player and not even listen .
    I know a few like that. I've met the odd person who doesn't like or understand music.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Hi Jamie,
    I'm down in Brighton a lot and will take you up on that sometime. Do you know of anyone else in the area who is very into hi fi. Your offer to me extends to yourself too, if you want to come and check my stuff out. As I say I'm in Haywards heath. Listen to lots of different music. Maybe it would be good to get a group together first following further interest here. Simon
    We plan on moving to Hastings/St Leonards on Sea in near future so may like to join in the fun on the South Coast.
    Last edited by HackneyRF; 12-03-2017 at 14:18. Reason: Typo

I'm Rich.

The chaps over at The Audio Standard are having an ASBO (a southern bake off) which might be of interest.

As an aside I think people now are surrounded by music, it is everywhere and has become like wallpaper. Just another element in whichever situation they are. Friends think I'm weird as I hate the music in my local pub, the. Jukebox plays over random rubbishy speakers stuck at awkward angles around the place. It makes a truly awful racket and is like fingernails on chalkboard to me. However I'm the only one who seems to care. I'd rather have no music than listen it. It isn't even conducive to the atmosphere of the place as people have to shout above the tinny din when chatting.

Most folk have become so accustomed to that way of hearing music they don't give it a second thought. The guitarist in my band has several radios on at once in his house, all bloody day and night long, sometimes all on different stations. It drives me up the up the wall and he doesn't get it. He's happy because he has music in every room. None of it sounding very good. He doesn't own a TV so listens a lot of music. I wonder if that makes him any less of a music lover than me?
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Martin.

Sorry for the thread drift Simon ( I may have to start a new thread). You are right Martin, i have seen similar, but not that often . Do you think the system used made people more aware of the music ? What was playing?
    Iron Maiden when I got there, later they had some Dubby/Reggae thing going on.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast