+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meet ups in Sussex anyone??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Rick.

Hi All, another single bloke who likes hi-fi. Is there a theme spreading through this thread?!!! I live in Crowborough and have been to plenty of bake offs on another forum that's currently going through a lot of changes.

Bake off's are great to meet like minded people and make new friends. They also allow you to listen to completely different set-ups that you may not get a chance to at any retail outlet. I bought my speakers after hearing a mates pair (in Haywards Heath). I'd have never considered them without having had that opportunity. Then there's my dac (Chord Hugo), another mate had one on loan from one of his friends and thought I'd be interested in hearing it. In short I loved what it did for my system and so bought one.

I'd be happy to bring the Hugo and / or a Music First Silver pre-amp round if someone fancied holding a small back off. I'll also happily return the good deed once I get my power amps back up and running. I managed to kill one by shorting the speaker terminals one day (I couldn't see behind my speakers and everything "felt" ok!).

Cheers Rick.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_F View Post
    Hi All, another single bloke who likes hi-fi. Is there a theme spreading through this thread?!!! I live in Crowborough and have been to plenty of bake offs on another forum that's currently going through a lot of changes.

Bake off's are great to meet like minded people and make new friends. They also allow you to listen to completely different set-ups that you may not get a chance to at any retail outlet. I bought my speakers after hearing a mates pair (in Haywards Heath). I'd have never considered them without having had that opportunity. Then there's my dac (Chord Hugo), another mate had one on loan from one of his friends and thought I'd be interested in hearing it. In short I loved what it did for my system and so bought one.

I'd be happy to bring the Hugo and / or a Music First Silver pre-amp round if someone fancied holding a small back off. I'll also happily return the good deed once I get my power amps back up and running. I managed to kill one by shorting the speaker terminals one day (I couldn't see behind my speakers and everything "felt" ok!).

Cheers Rick.
    Hi Rick

I'd be interested in that. I'd be very interested in seeing what a Hugo would do in my system. What do you have kit wise? Maybe you could come round mine, or when visiting your friend in hh. Come together if you like. Would be good to know anyone else in Haywards Heath into hi fi.

Let us know if you fancy it. My system is quite nice and a bit of a demo for cyrus and pmc. The new 25-23s I have are fantastic speakers. I see lots of people (from forums) who have used Hugo's with cyrus.

Simon

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Hi Rick

I'd be interested in that. I'd be very interested in seeing what a Hugo would do in my system. What do you have kit wise? Maybe you could come round mine, or when visiting your friend in hh. Come together if you like. Would be good to know anyone else in Haywards Heath into hi fi.

Let us know if you fancy it. My system is quite nice and a bit of a demo for cyrus and pmc. The new 25-23s I have are fantastic speakers. I see lots of people (from forums) who have used Hugo's with cyrus.

Simon
    Hi Simon, I'm sure we can sort something out I might be away for the next couple of weeks so hopefully after that. I'll gladly bring the Hugo round. Cheers Rick.

I'm Simon.

Ok thanks look forward to it, let us know when you are ready. Interesting to know what your hi fi is, don't think you said. Simon

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_F View Post
    Hi Simon, I'm sure we can sort something out I might be away for the next couple of weeks so hopefully after that. I'll gladly bring the Hugo round. Cheers Rick.
    Hi rick, let me know if you are still interested in meeting up. I'm akways interested just in meeting people very local, who are into hi fi. Simon

I'm Paul.

Hello Simon,

I am just near Haywards Heath if you would like to visit you are welcome.. What music do you like though?

Best Regards, Paul
    Z:Axis Audio
    British made Cabling and High End Audio Support Systems and the New 'Symetrica' balanced Power Supply.

UK Distributor for Concert Fidelity Inc Japan & Aidas Audio Phono Cartridges
    UK supplier for: Z:Axis Audio; Concert Fidelity

Personal System:
    Mains - Symetrica by Z:Axis Audio - A game changer!
    CD Transport - Ayon CD-T2
    DAC - Ayon Stratos Refrence
    TT - Sony TTS 8000 /SAEC WE 506/30 / Aidas MC Cartridges
    Phonostage - RCM Audio Theriaa & Sensor2
    Pre - Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 & CLS050 Hybrid valve/SS ultra short signal path technology.
    Power - Concert Fidelity ZL-200 Mono's.
    Loudspeakers - Franco Serblin Ktema.
    Support System - Z:Axis Audio Grand Mirage 98.8
    Cabling - All our own; Z:Axis B52 Reference, Infinity Reference Digital, Livewire Loudspeaker & Xer0 Power Cabling.

Demonstration sessions welcome by appointment.

I'm Geoff.

Simon is banned Paul.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Thank you for pointing that out Geoff..

It was not an exclusive offer if others are local, always welcome..
    Z:Axis Audio
    British made Cabling and High End Audio Support Systems and the New 'Symetrica' balanced Power Supply.

UK Distributor for Concert Fidelity Inc Japan & Aidas Audio Phono Cartridges
    UK supplier for: Z:Axis Audio; Concert Fidelity

Personal System:
    Mains - Symetrica by Z:Axis Audio - A game changer!
    CD Transport - Ayon CD-T2
    DAC - Ayon Stratos Refrence
    TT - Sony TTS 8000 /SAEC WE 506/30 / Aidas MC Cartridges
    Phonostage - RCM Audio Theriaa & Sensor2
    Pre - Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 & CLS050 Hybrid valve/SS ultra short signal path technology.
    Power - Concert Fidelity ZL-200 Mono's.
    Loudspeakers - Franco Serblin Ktema.
    Support System - Z:Axis Audio Grand Mirage 98.8
    Cabling - All our own; Z:Axis B52 Reference, Infinity Reference Digital, Livewire Loudspeaker & Xer0 Power Cabling.

Demonstration sessions welcome by appointment.

+ Reply to Thread