+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A visit to vinylJunky...again..

I'm steven.

Default A visit to vinyljunkys

Rich your welcome anytime

I'm Steve.

Sorry to throw a little petrol on the file here. I know the Kudos brand well and Dereck is a fair designer. However, the Ruark Crusader III'S you bought from me were much better than these. If my memory serves me correctly you had similar problems with them with regards to bass in your room? The Kudos range have always been a little fierce at the top end for me.

I'm steven.

Default A vist to vinyl junky

Hello Steve good to hear from you my kudos are definetly not fierce at the top end could be system dependant what were the kudos you heard partnered with. My only issue with the crusaders were that you had to turn the volume up to get any detail through I sometimes like to listen at low volume.First impressions of the kudos are brilliant timing dynamic rhythmic and lively with plenty of detail.I hope the petrol you supply is shell v power the best fuel my golf likes it.My Wilson benesch were so laid back they were horizontal the kudos make my music enjoyable again which I think is why we get into hifi you should come and have a listen
    Last edited by vinyljunky; 12-03-2017 at 22:19.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Sorry to throw a little petrol on the file here. I know the Kudos brand well and Dereck is a fair designer. However, the Ruark Crusader III'S you bought from me were much better than these. If my memory serves me correctly you had similar problems with them with regards to bass in your room? The Kudos range have always been a little fierce at the top end for me.
    The Wilson Benesch stuffed the Crusaders...and the Kudos have stuffed the Wilsons...big style...Those Crusader III's were absolutely dreadful in Steve's system...they didn't work at all....maybe put them in another house and they may sing..(which I doubt very much)...but not at Steve's billet
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    The Wilson Benesch stuffed the Crusaders...and the Kudos have stuffed the Wilsons...big style...Those Crusader III's were absolutely dreadful in Steve's system...they didn't work at all....maybe put them in another house and they may sing..(which I doubt very much)...but not at Steve's billet
    Deffo a room/system problem as they are very good speakers, we had them sounding very good at NEBO.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm steven.

Yeah one mans meat is another mans poison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    My only issue with the crusaders were that you had to turn the volume up to get any detail through I sometimes like to listen at low volume.
    Interesting. I think people's preferred listening levels have a massive effect on their system choices. My 'living room' system is always played at low levels, and it has prompted a search for kit that doesn't sound dull and lifeless when played quietly. So far, the best has been with modern Naim and some little Tannoys

Reviews of the C30 seem to say it's a big-room speaker with lots of bass. Perhaps it would be if you wind it up, but at moderate/low levels, maybe the bass is perfect for a smaller room, unlike other speakers that lose all their bass when played quietly?

I'm peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Aye Steve get your self over to Steve's and have a listen you may well be surprised. I was over yesterday and had a good listen and I thought Steve's system overall was excellent there was a beautiful synergy and the kudos speakers had a mid range you would sell your granny for. The bass was well defined with no overhang or bloatiness and also the top end extension was never harsh. The highlight for me was Steve Earle copperhead road first press now I have heard this album many times but never like I did yesterday I could have listened to just that one album over and over superb. These speakers to my ears trounced every other speaker Steve has had in the last 5 or 6 years and wow he's had enough to open a second hand hifi shop. The hifi journey is a long one but every now and then you have a well earned rest. Well done Steve and hopefully these will be with you a long time.
    BTW Steve's a great host aswell and might even get the Jaffa cakes in if you ask nicely yumm yumm
    HEGEL H100 integrated amp
    REGA rp6/exact cart
    REGA Apollo r CD
    NEAT ELITE SE loudspeakers
    BERESFORD bushmaster mk2 dac