+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

I'm Kris.

Default Hello!

I'm very new to the world of Hi-Fi, and by that I mean I don't even have a working system yet!

I've been recently unearthed a 1979 Pioneer system that used to belong to my mother, consisting of a:

PL-512X Turntable,
    SA-408 Amp,
    TX-540L Tuner and a CT-F600 Tape deck

It hasn't been used for about 20 years, most of the wires have gone missing, it doesn't have any speakers and the plugs have been cut off, for whatever reason that is.

I'll probably need some help with getting it running again, so I hope maybe someone here can help me out.

Thank you, I look forward to meeting everyone and learning more about all this stuff!

I'm Geoff.

Hi there. Welcome to AOS.

We were all new to Hi-Fi once and we can definitely help you out with some advice. As it's older/vintage gear you have, any questions you may want to ask about it could go in the 'Past Masters' section. If it's general info on connecting up you need, start a thread in the 'Blank Canvas' area. I'm sure our members will be happy to help.

By the way, could you please put a first name in your profile, we can't just call you 'K'. And a regional location too, town or area. Thanks.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Hi Kris

Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice vintage Pioneer system you have there.
    Would be nice to pair some older Pioneer speakers with it!

I've always liked the look of the HPM series.

Something like these would work a treat, I think ...

But as Geoff suggests, start a thread in the Past Masters section - there are lots of fans of vintage gear here.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Kris
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Kris.

Yes, it shouldn't be too difficult to get you up and running with your Pioneer system. The 'plumbing' of domestic audio systems is usually the same regardless of make. All you need is four sets of stereo RCA phono terminated leads. For the speakers we would need to know what the connectors on the back of the amplifier look like - but it should be quite straightforward to make the necessary connections.

Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread