+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big night for me tonight...

I'm Lawrence.

Default Big night for me tonight...

I've had a pair of Audio Physic Sparks for a couple of years and while I've loved almost everything about them more than any other speakers I've owned, I've been ultimately unsatisfied by their performance in the nether regions. Anyway tonight I finally get to hook them up together with a little MJ Acoustics sub I've bought to see if it solves the problem. If it does then I'll have an amazing set up that will hopefully last me for many years to come. So big night!

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Brian.

Enjoy yourself Lawrence ....fingers crossed
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

blackstar Guest

Yeah, you'll be setting that up, tweaking it, tweaking it, tweaking it all night long.

I'm Martin.

Not sure a single evening will be enough to get it absolutely right but good luck with it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Enjoy yourself Lawrence ....fingers crossed
    Thanks Brian

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Yeah, you'll be setting that up, tweaking it, tweaking it, tweaking it all night long.
    I wish I could but the volume level required to blend a sub is not conducive to a quiet evening for my wife and neighbourly relations so it's a quiet listening session tonight and a day of tweaking tomorrow. I'm also picking up an Olive 04HD media player tomorrow to rip my CD collection to, so quite a big change in more than one department..

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not sure a single evening will be enough to get it absolutely right but good luck with it.
    Totally agree! I made sure I bought one with a variable phase knob to help blend it but that is one more (major) variable to tweak.

I'm Lawrence.

So far so good! Looks like I won't be bidding on the big floorstanders I'm watching on ebay..

I'm Martin.

Don't know if this is any help but what I do is play stuff with a lot of mid-bass and if it sounds overblown start backing off the level and the cut off point until it sounds natural. Snoop Dog's 'Doggystyle' or similar is good for this. It isn't infallible but it gets you in the ballpark.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

In my opinion, the principle to adopt with sub-woofers is much the same as that with super-tweeters. If the output is obvious, something is wrong. Its effect should be subtle and only discerned by a negative impression in its absence.

In other words, if it sounds better with it on but you can't pinpoint the sound it makes, you've probably got it about right.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast