+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone to fit Paul Hynes SR7 external psu and Triple Stage Regulator Modules

I'm Mike.

Yeah tricky to fit with no instructions and the info on the Techiepedia section is incorrect/vague for the latest regs, we managed to blow them during fitting mine, thankfully Paul helped out with replacements pretty quickly, I'm just trying to find time to have them fitted.

I think full instructions SHOULD be sent with these to avoid disasters. The photos on Techiepedia don't really show it properly.

There is no way I would have managed to do it myself and even with expert help we got it wrong, although Paul did say to give him a call if we got stuck, we didn't think we had so carried on...... Oops!

Fitting the external PH7 was easy though, I managed to do all the removal of the old PSU bits and my daughter's boyfriend did the soldering of just the two wires needed.

I'm Robert.

Yeah, I've done every upgrade on my Techie myself including MN bearing, MN bearing baseplate, previous external psu etc etc but I'm not gonna mess with the triple stage regs.

I'm Mike.

I've done this myself with my TT. Working with small parts is no joke with the regulators. Luckily I have some decent (not perfect) equipment to get the job done. Along with that is patience !!!!
    Anyone who thinks CDs sound better needs to listen to my system. Besides, my cables sound better than yours.

Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-1: MN Bearing + Baseplate + AL/CU Platter, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME V, Audio Technica AT33EV, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable
    Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-2: MN Bearing + Baseplate, Copper Mat, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME 309, Audio Technica ATOC9/MLII, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12