+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Perth in Western Australia

I'm John.

Default Hello from Perth in Western Australia

Hi my name is John and I live in Rossmoyne a suburb of Perth in Western Australia.

I migrated with my family to WA as 10 Pound Pom when I was 10 years old and have lived in Perth since 1971.

Having raised two boys which are substantially, if not totally independent, I have had more time and money lately to dip back into an interest in Hi-Fi. My interest was awakened 3 or 4 years back after listening to and buying an EL34 PP valve amplifier (SAC Thailand) and a copy of LS3/5a speakers (Audio Space) complete with AB-1 bass extenders.

You all know how it goes the speakers are quite inefficient (<84dB/W) and the EL34 a little bass shy and fizzy in the top end - so time to look for something different. Well I found something but not new as it is a 1986 Accuphase E-205 integrated. Regretfully it was a short but memorable one day honeymoon and the seller is gracefully working to identify and rectify a problem with the right channel dropping out before I can get it back. This Accuphase certainly impressed for a few hours me but who doesn't enjoy a whirlwind infatuation.

I expect to get it back in the next couple of weeks and am looking forward to us settling in together - my wife might even like it, not sure about the lack of remote though.

My musical interests are mostly jazz fuelled by having lived in New Orleans for a couple of years, however I am hoping the Accuphase can re-introdciue me to rock and classical as I have ben neglecting more complex pieces feeling the EL34 is a little light on for more complicated musical pieces.

However - hello I am looking forward to reading any comments there may be on matching amplifiers to LS3/5a's and seeking a manual for the Accuphase hoping it might have a circuit diagram for a tech to be able to use as reference.

Regards

John McManus

I'm Grant.

Hi and welcome John. Hope you find a schematic. Good stuff accuphase.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello John. Welcome to AOS.

We have a few Accuphase fans here, so you might get lucky with some info. I'd suggest starting a thread in the 'Past Masters' section and asking a few questions.

The LS3/5a is also very popular, so there's plenty of knowledge here about those too.

If you have any other future plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richie.

Hi john. I grew up in Fremantle. Moved to the UK 15 years ago. They are a good lot here.

I'm Dave.

Hi John, welcome to AOS, it is a great forum, with many knowledgeable members.
    This may be of help, need to join to download the manual i believe.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...se/e-205.shtml
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm bernard.

Default Service manual

Hi John
    Check out this website for the service manual for your accuphase.
    https://www.elektrotanya.com/accupha.../download.html

Bernie
    PS
    Welcome to AOS

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS John
    Regards Neil

I'm Rick.

Hi John, I hope you get your Accuphase back and in full working order. I had a E308 (I think), had plenty of power so you should be fine if venturing in to other types of music.

My brother moved to Perth about 8 years ago and now owns a house in Ashby. I think there's more Brits living there than Aussies!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS John,

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread