+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from rural NE Leicestershire

I'm Martin.

The 'stealth' cabinet is cool.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The 'stealth' cabinet is cool.
    Thanks Macca; t'is fitting for our 1870's cottage certainly, though I'd love to have a dedicated listening room where aesthetics were not such a constraint. I wish the cabinet was all down to skill and judgement but we came across it in an antique centre in Leicester 20+ years ago and it just seemed right. I think it's an HMV 163 and I've not seen another come up for sale. I got a carpenter/joiner friend to knock up some strangely profiled batons for the glass shelves to sit on - he thought I was mad by the way. All the items sit on Audiophile Base isolation platforms on these shelves. It's a bit tight but it works. I removed the back panel and braced the corners with L brackets for airflow though the solid states don't kick out anything like what I tube setup would.

It's "only" Arcam but I like the neutral sound of their kit and it is completely pampered to get the very best out of it - isolation platforms, Isotek filter, dedicated mains, LAT AC-2 power cables with Furutech bits and bobs, Nordost Blue Heaven LS interconnects and Townsend Isolda speaker cables. It works for me.

I'm Martin.

IME all tradesmen think we are crazy. And friends, family, work colleagues, and so on. A cross we have to bear.

I had noticed the attention to detail btw
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Loz.

Welcome Nigel.
    Two great looking set ups there.

Cheers

Loz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12