+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who digitizes their vinyl....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Grant.

Default Who digitizes their vinyl....

And what do you use.... asked this elsewhere. Any of you doing this .? Is it blasfamy? Does it sound good?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    And what do you use.... asked this elsewhere. Any of you doing this .? Is it blasfamy? Does it sound good?
    I do with some albums. I just use a preamp of some sort and a focusrite audio interface. You can use a standalone preamp or the tape monitor out on a receiver. They sound pretty much the same being played back through the same amplification.

I use audacity for software. You can use it to take the pops and noise out of rough albums too. There are a bunch of filters for doing it.

I haven't found a turntable that has a good usb out on it yet.

I'm Barry.

Was thinking about it, but decided it was too much like hard work If I have vinyl I want in digital format I try to buy it or record it from a stream using Replay Music 7. Did copy one lp using a audio cd recorder, then ripped to flac using Exact Audio Copy.

I'm Nathan.

Most of the ones I have done it too are 78s, or they were my Grandpa's. They don't have much life left in them.

I'd like to digitize all of my 45s but that would be an undertaking. I'm not even sure how many I have anymore. Even if I used a stacker and did 8 at a time it would probably take years.

I'm joe.

Digitising vinyl records is one of the many things that life's too short for. It was enough of a PITA taping the things for my nephew! I've bought CDs of the most knackered recordings instead, and can access most of the others via Spotify.

I'm Nathan.

I've thought about just keeping it hooked up all the time and just recording them all when I play them. I never go to the trouble of breaking up the tracks.

I'm Nodrog.

I did all my vinyl. First to CDs and then onto the Mac with lossless. I hear very kittle if any difference between the CDs and the Mac.

I used my main TT into an external DAC and also use Audacity. Once done, everything goes through Click Repair and De-noise - brilliant progs at about 40 australian dollars from memory. I do separate all the tracks. There are too many records that have fillers and most have favourite tracks. Sod artistic integrity.

I've still kept the records, or most of them, though, as in spite of how good the digital files sound, there is definitely something missing. Not something you could prove but an engagement with the music seems slightly reduced somehow.

The problem is that the Mac is just so convenient. I am not one of those who think that the whole ritual involved with vinyl makes it sound better. Pain the the bum really.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I digitise old vinyl which I do not want to re - buy in digital format.

I use a Rega phono (Mini A2D) which has a digital usb output as well as RCA.

For software I use Vinyl Studio which is cheap and very easy to use. It can also identify track ends and add meta data to the digitised tracks. If you want to go further it can remove pops and clicks but I never bother. Well pleased with result which equate to cd quality and are fine for my purposes.

I'm Martin.

Too much hassle. I just buy it again on CD if it is a fiver or less.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mick.

I had all good intensions but after around 10 albums I gave up. To mind numbing for me
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast