+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS-Ortofon Jubilee

I'm gordan.

Default FS-Ortofon Jubilee

For sale is Ortofon Jubilee, a low output MC pickup. Until recently it was a flagship Ortofon cartridge.

The RRP was about 1600 UKP, yours is for 550 UKP delivered - 1/3 of the original price.

About 300 hours or so, a plenty of life. A superb condition. No original box.

A nice, balanced but dynamic tracker at only 1.3g VTF for optimal performance and 0.35mV output.

I have far too many pickups around, several Koetsus, Shilabe, special edition SPUs and stuff.... otherwise this one wouldn't be for sale or at least not for this price set for a quick sale.

"Where it really excels is the way it keeps complex music clear and distinct, always letting me hear whatever instrument I want to, or just relax into the whole presentation. It is actually a special (and fun) experience to actually turn my head towards one instrument or another and easily hear its contribution without it blending into an adjacent performer. This is very rare in cartridges at any price, and I want to emphasize that in this sonic feature, the Jubilee is absolutely world-class. As an example, in Danse Macabre, on Witches Brew, RCA Victor Red Seal LSC-2225, when the entire orchestra is building up to the explosive climax, it is a simple matter to look right and hear the individual horns contributing to the growing excitement or to the left and see how each section of strings have different roles while adding to the musical whole. And even when the sound almost literally explodes at the climax, the Jubilee remains calm and collected and tracks this huge avalanche of music without letting it become an indistinguishable mass of sound. Very impressive!"

Pics of the actual unit for sale:

Last edited by anubisgrau; 08-03-2017 at 23:30.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm gordan.

Too many items in a drawer. Jubilee, ACE SL, Koetsu Black..... pick your poison!
    Gordan.
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx

I'm Paul.

Gordan, you're inbox is full again :-)

I'm gordan.

Sold, thanks.
    Gordan.

+ Reply to Thread