+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firebottle KIN & Monoblocks review.

I'm Oliver.

I know Jimbo. My car isn't worth the price of the KIN lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Simon.

Nice review. Just curious here, how come the proto/first build is 90w and the final product 55w?

I'm Alan.

Good question Simon, I was half expecting it.

The case for the final build is smaller so a smaller mains transformer is fitted.

The difference in power levels equates to a drop of only 2dB, which in real terms is minimal.

I'm Simon.

Thanks for the info Alan.

I'm Oliver.

The size of the monoblocks did surprise me actually. Very nicely styled though.

Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm GettingFunky.

I am just listening to "Toy" by Yello, and I don't think I have heard my system perform better than it is now.
    It is so clear and natural sounding with a very wide and immersive soundstage that it makes it very easy to lose yourself into the music.
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Hana SL/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU). Pioneer PD-S703. Caiman II. Firebottle KIN. Firebottle Monoblocks, Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp. Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters. Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650. DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects. Talk cable 3 speaker cable. Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I am just listening to "Toy" by Yello, and I don't think I have heard my system perform better than it is now.
    It is so clear and natural sounding with a very wide and immersive soundstage that it makes it very easy to lose yourself into the music.
    They really were a fantastic listen. I think alan said "ive never heard the Beatles sound so good" he was right too. Phenomenal performance and a very good price point too.

I'm Phil.

shame the kin has no remote !! must be 2 years since i heard alans , how time flies !!!
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/onkyo sacd /bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc xlr/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/verity audio rienzi speakers

I'm GettingFunky.

It has a remote volume control.
    What more do you need?
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Hana SL/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU). Pioneer PD-S703. Caiman II. Firebottle KIN. Firebottle Monoblocks, Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp. Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters. Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650. DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects. Talk cable 3 speaker cable. Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    shame the kin has no remote !! must be 2 years since i heard alans , how time flies !!!
    Im sure one can be fitted but theres no need in my view. Such a nice bot of kit should be handled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast