I have had many type's of speakers.

From High-end (Dutch brand Hepta) to Bose, B&W, Leak, Rogers, Acoustic Research, IMF, KEF, Tannoy etc. ect.

Many are still on my list but I will probably never own them.

One I knew I would: The B&W DM70!

There where 2 models.

De Standard, model ‘60.

De Continental, model ’70.

I've looked at a few Continental sets in the past but as the were dark brown veneer I never bought them.
The second reason was I did not know where to go if I needed repairs to the Electrostatics.

There is but one “expert” I now of who repairs/rebuild these DM70, based in Germany: Shackman Electrostatic Loudspeakers Repair Service

After an ad on a Dutch website I was contacted and offered a set Continental that needed some work and was missing parts.
But the price was good and by now I know where to look for parts and/or help.

So last Friday I wen on route an picked them up.

Pictures!
Fronts; I've now cleaned them as it is mostly dirt what you see. They do need new paint.

Back:

Inside:

Power Unit, original and another bought by the seller.
As my model is the latest model, DM70c, the other unit will never fit.

Electrostatics:
Original:

Second set bought by seller. They look to be in 100% condition.

So it's missing the woofers and stands but as this is de DM70c it has woofer adapters which means I can buy flat woofers instead of the more expensive curved ones.
They are also missing the stuffing.
As I bought a pair of the model Standard I thus have woofers and stuffing + filter/Power unit spairs.

The plan:

• New paint - This week I'm seeing several people for this job
  • Woofers - I bought a technical 100% set Standard which I will use for woofers and stuffing
  • Rebuilding Power Units and Filters - This will be done by a friend
  • Finding original stands - I'm getting drawings and detail pictures and a friend (metal constructor) has offered to built me new ones
  • Transfering the Brown Electrostatics into the White housing - I will go to Germany to do this

First thing will be getting them a repaint while a friend rebuilds the Power Units and filters.
The second pair of Power Units will be used for spare parts.

When the stands are ready for use I will start rebuilding the DM70c with all the parts I have.
If needed I will travel to Germany to get help. I will take my wife along to have some day's together while we wait for the technician to fix what needs fixing.

I will update this topic as I go along.