+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, what do upgraded mains cables do to your system?

I'm Kevin.

Default So, what do upgraded mains cables do to your system?

I am not interested in the opinion of people who state "nothing", as we have all heard and read it before.
    I am interested in the opinion of people who have found a positive affect on their system, as I currently have a cable on loan, and I think I have identified a difference in a positive way, so I am interested to know if this correlates with other people's findings, or if my ears are playing tricks on me.

I appreciate that my system is different, as the cable is currently feeding the mains regenerator. I am going to have to convince the Mrs to run a blind test for me, as I really don't want this cable to make a difference.... I thought Imhad almost finished.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I am not interested in the opinion of people who state "nothing", as we have all heard and read it before.
    Bit of a one sided question then.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Bit of a one sided question then.
    I think the question Kevin is asking is "what are the positive improvements people hear when they upgrade their mains cables?"
    Barry

I'm Kevin.

Yes, that is the question.
    I just didn't want another do they/don't they cable debate.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Rob.

Lower noise floor, more silence and space between instruments and singers.

Didn't notice any difference with first couple of mains leads I tried. The main change came when I brought 4 x Isotek leads and replaced the leads to my amp and sources. Then a further improvement when I added an Isotek mains filter.

I would also add that I have noisy mains. I do things like run network over mains to get computer connections at the end of the house. My belief is if you have a clean mains supply, you won't notice a difference with mains lead upgrades.
    Rob.