Hi all.

Just recently I've been using a Rotel RHC-10 passive and I have to say its rather lovely sounding. Looking in to the history of this remarkable range from Rotel back in the early 90's the amount of care and engineering they put in to their products was very nice indeed.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/rotel-RHC-10.html

I've always wanted to give one of these a go. The thing was would it match with the Copper amp? Well as of now its most certainly fitting very well.

But hold on... What about the Croft? Well, that is still as highly regarded and it makes a monster standalone phono stage anyway. The Rotel is a different flavour. It's a little more open and wider which was to be expected. The croft however because of its bonkers upgrades does have a more rounded sound to it... Which was again only expected.

Feeding the Rotel with either the IQAudio or the latest Allo BOSS makes for a very nice listen indeed.

The build quality (go to the link above) is bonkers for a,passive.

It weighs 5kgs and its almost empty. The main dual mono pots are I think Ko-On but not sure about the switches. The movement and feel of the switches are sublime.

It's been in my system now for a few weeks so its still on trial but I have to say.... It's very nice.

One thing puzzles me though to which I hope someone can clarify for a potential upgrade. On the main circuit board there are a pair of resistors one each input and a pair on the output. Could this be a shunt design?

Thanks
Jo