+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Broken driver

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I believe a pair of original midrange drivers are on their way. So alternatives are unlikely to be required.

Having built a good few sets of speakers, I've found integrating a midrange driver into a design can be very tricky. More difficult than matching a bass driver and tweeter in a two way system.
    That I will agree, especially if you don't want to replace the crossover. Glad you found some original equipment drivers. A good bit of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, a new original driver is on the way from the USA. sure I said that earlier in the thread 🤔

Anyway, its pulled from the same model of speaker and has the same model number etc so should be a plug and play replacement

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

I saw that just thought we were having a general discussion about closed-back mids.

Cabs are looking fantastic btw, always great to see quality old gear like this getting a new lease of life. Can't wait to see them with all the drivers back in and ready to go.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I saw that just thought we were having a general discussion about closed-back mids.

Cabs are looking fantastic btw, always great to see quality old gear like this getting a new lease of life. Can't wait to see them with all the drivers back in and ready to go.
    Ah, I see. Misunderstood !! Carry on lol.

Thanks BTW. Cant wait to get them up and running. Gonna see if Alan will swap the caps if they are no good.

I'm Martin.

Aye might as well make sure they are top notch everywhere. Are there level controls for the mid and top? If so you could consider bypassing them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Aye might as well make sure they are top notch everywhere. Are there level controls for the mid and top? If so you could consider bypassing them.
    whys that,you can tailor them to the room better with level controls.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Speaker level control pots can sometimes compromise the sound. At least old pots should be cleaned if possible. Bypassing them can have a misleading effect though, with the user thinking the speaker sounds better, when in actual fact it just sounds brighter because the insertion loss has been removed. However, not needing level controls is best.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

All taken under consideration. I shall investigate. Im sure alan will check everything thoroughly

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    whys that,you can tailor them to the room better with level controls.
    Or the partnering system, tiz true. On the other hand you are getting a load of cack out of the way of the signal path.
    Current Lash Up:

Bigman80 Guest

Postman delivered the driver this morning and I have to say these sound amazing. I haven't checked the capacitors or done anything with the crossovers but they sound superb.

Here's the pics

Really pleased with them now. Ill get Alan to check the crossovers when he gets chance but to be honest im in no rush

Ill review the sound when I've had a good listen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast