+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken driver

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    They're looking good. I have some ARs I was planning on sanding down today but I'm snowed in. Winter decided to make a comeback.
    Wow,.snowed in !!! We dont get snow very often in middle england. And when we do its pathetic.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Nathan.

Some years we get a ton others we barely get any. It's not really that bad out. I just don't like driving in it because someone runs into me every time.

I don't have a garage here, but I have a shop about a mile away.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    Some years we get a ton others we barely get any. It's not really that bad out. I just don't like driving in it because someone runs into me every time.

I don't have a garage here, but I have a shop about a mile away.
    Ah, thats a pisser. Snowed in and nothing to do other than listen to music !!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Nathan.

It's nice to have a lazy day every now and then.

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Bloody cheap though. $6.37!
    Some of their cheap speakers are actually really good. I built a line array from some they had on closeout once. It would have been too expensive otherwise. 64 high end drivers would have cost a fortune to experiment with.

I'm Geoff.

Those mid units won't be great. The rear enclosure is too small. Its volume will resonate high up enough for that to intrude into the mid band output, also the back of the enclosure is close to the back of the cone, that will encourage reflections to go back out through the cone. They're 4 ohm anyway (whatever that may mean, depending on the impedance curve). And, I hate drivers with fixed grilles, unless they are there for acoustic purposes (like those on the LS3/5a tweeter).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nathan.

You have to build the correct box for them. I bet they sell some direct replacements for those speakers. They do for most. They have factory replacements for a lot of them.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They'd be totally unsuitable for use in the Pioneer speakers though.
    Browse that site, they have many to choose from, and you may find something closer.

Or yes as nthall said, build a wooden box and glue it over the hole from the inside, and use a regular speaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

You could use a plastic Tupperware type box or bowl. Doesn't have to be wood.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I believe a pair of original midrange drivers are on their way. So alternatives are unlikely to be required.

Having built a good few sets of speakers, I've found integrating a midrange driver into a design can be very tricky. More difficult than matching a bass driver and tweeter in a two way system.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast