+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help to update my system

I'm Duarte.

Default Need help to update my system

Hi!

I'm nothing else than a guy who likes good quality sound out from the speakers. I'm trying to go a bit further with sound quality. But at this point I'm stuck. I have a home cinema system not fully instaled (see it below). My DVD/CD player it's not working properly. So I'm thinking in same changes, but I want to retain some of the elements. The surround sound of the home cinema is not important now.

First I need I dedicated CD player. What do think about Marantz CD6006?

Then I thought of Rega Planar 2 turntable.

But my main concern is the AV Receiver NAD T752 connected to the 2 stereo Speakers B&W 602,5 S3 and Subwoofer B&W ASW300. Isn't the AV to powerfull for these speakers? Is this system an apropriate match for the new elements I've mentioned?

Sorry for these questions, but I'm a little lost. If someone would be so kind to help me out, I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

AV Receiver NAD T752
    DVD/CD player NAD T531
    Turntable Technics SL-BD22D (not connected)
    Pré-amp phono NAD PP3 (not connected)
    Front Speakers B&W 602,5 S3
    Rear Speaker B&W DM 303 (not connected)
    Center B&W LCR 3 (not connected)
    Subwoofer B&W ASW300
    Speakers cables QED QE1420 Ruby Aniversary Evolution
    Last edited by Roquer; 26-03-2017 at 11:09.

I'm Phil.

b&w speakers sell well on av forums as popular in surround sound . i have used them too . your nad seems fine from what i read

whats your budget on cd players , if you can find an onkyo

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/c-s5vl-34689.html

they are pretty good and very affordable
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Martin.

An amp cannot really be too powerful for the speakers unless there is too much gain and you can't get the volume off zero without it being too loud. So don't worry about that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

As long as you dont turn it up too much to point of speakers blowing as Martin says, you shouldnt have any problem
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm matt.

If It were me I'd sell the B&W 602 and buy some Mission 760i or Kef coda 8 (Mission 731/731i Kef coda 7 for the rears).

I'm Duarte.

Thanks for the advice. At least I can rest my worries about the speakers. As for the CD player and turntable I'm still thinking about the aforementioned Marantz CD6006 and

Rega Planar 2 turntable. Hope they are good choices. What do you think?

Duarte

I'm Martin.

The Marantz looks okay but does not seem to have dedicated power supplies or a discrete analogue output stage, not that you would expect that at the price, but IME these are the things that matter the most with a CD player.

A Rega 2 is okay, but you could get a used Technics SL1200 for the same money. It is quite different in terms of presentation to the Rega but can be gradually improved over time and the build quality is in a different league entirely. Turntables are such a personal choice it isn't wise to give any blanket recommendation.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm nigel.

i have a nad t 744 on bedroom duties running in plain stereo.
    this looks to be from the same range and age as your amplifier and I note that mine has no dedicated phono input....to accept a record deck.

there is a input confusingly labelled DISC, but this is purely line level....ie cd, dvd type disc.

you will know for sure if your amp has no dedicated record deck input as there will be no screw post labelled "ground"

hope this helps...

NIGE.

I'm nigel.

IN addition to my post above...
    a good quality phono amp is available from nad....not too pricey from richer sounds.

ahem...."other preamps and retailers are available"

NIGE.

+ Reply to Thread