+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eccentric Records, do you have any?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

De-warping records is often inconsistent and unreliable. You think you have successfully flattened a record only to find the warp returns a few months later.
    Barry

I'm Chris.

I have one or two here, they are in the Jimi Hendrix Woodstock box set.

If you want to deal with it you can carefully open the hole up bigger and center the record manually so to speak.
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    De-warping records is often inconsistent and unreliable. You think you have successfully flattened a record only to find the warp returns a few months later.
    So true. My worst is an original copy of Aqualung. It was completely unplayable once upon a time, but storing it correctly helped, and it got better. Then, I got fed up and flattened it. I laid it on top of my Krell! And as soon as it laid flat I slid it off onto a piece of glass, an old refrigerator shelf. It seemed fixed! But last time I played it, darn if I didn't see a bit of it coming back? I'll never understand that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    I have one or two here, they are in the Jimi Hendrix Woodstock box set.

If you want to deal with it you can carefully open the hole up bigger and center the record manually so to speak.
    That could prove tricky! Deciding which way to move it, plus it could be different on each side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123