+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everybody

I'm Michael.

Default Hello everybody

I have been interested in music for far too long to remember (I actually saw the Beatles live in their early days). My tastes are really varied, like anything apart from rap/hip hop. As you can gather from the first sentence my system has evolved over many upgrades to what I have now.

Brinkmann Bardot, Brinkmann arm, EMT Cartridge
    Whest phono
    DCS Pucinni
    Simaudio Moon Pre and power amps
    Monitor Audio Platinum Ii
    Nordost cables

So basically always looking at how to get more from the system, particularly tweaking, recently came across JPS power cables, absolutely amazing.

Reside in Scotland, moved here by the company that I worked for.

Looking forward to good advice by knowledgeable people, I.e. those that actually listen to this stuff as a hobby.

I'm Martin.

H Mike, welcome to the forum.

Very serious system you have put together there. Monitor Audio seem to be doing a whole different league these days. Post up a few snaps of it for us if you have time.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Michael. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice selection of equipment you have there. What further plans do you have for your system if any?

You'll find every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here. The members are friendly and knowledgeable, so join in the chat and ask questions if you have any.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Michael.

Default Thanks Geoff/Martin for the welcolme

Having recently invested in the new turntable I think that that is the last of the heavy spend, but still tweaking with cables.
    When the new turntable went in I had lots of problems with grounding, humming, pops etc. Balking at the cost of Nordost mains cables I bought two from MCRU and plugged into the amplifiers...the difference to the sound was huge, actually now got real bottom end. I have recently bought a JPS Kaptovator and again this transformed the sound of the CD player.
    So I intend to eventually replace a couple more mains cable, which obviously goes against convention of not mixing because of likely synergy problems.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Michael,

Ummm - yes, that's some serious kit you have there. Sounds as though you are a similar age to me, and use the same arm and cartridge!

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Hi Michael, welcome to AOS. Nice kit you have there , any photos? Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Colin.

Let the fun begin, which part of Scotland? welcome best Col

I'm Josie.

Oooh. Very nice system. Hope to see some pics in the gallery.

Welcome to Aos
    Enjoy
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Michael.

Thanks Jo

I will post some pics in the near future, in the process of installing new racking

Regards

Michael

I'm Peter.

Yes, Mike ... lots of pics of that brilliant turntable, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast