+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Mark Grant mains leads

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

The Lindy is the same as a Tacima i think ? in all but name , very interesting .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    The Lindy is the same as a Tacima i think ? in all but name , very interesting .
    Yep, Lindy are licensed by Tacima to make that particular conditioner. There's some info about it on the Lindy website. They're both identical. The Lindy version has Tacima stamped on the back. The funny thing is you can often buy the Tacima version cheaper than the Lindy one. Amazon is usually cheapest.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Dave.

Smile

Yes, Lindy and Tacima are the same. I don't like to put 'boxes' between the wall socket and my kit (in principal) but reviews suggested it was something that was a 'no brainer' in terms of improving system sound. So I thought - give it a go.

I was surprised at the difference it made .... a bit like adding MG mains leads in but on a smaller scale. Must have dirty mains here. Not saying it works for everyone, but for £40 ..... worth a try.

The MG mains leads improved the system sound a by a margin again.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Yes ' the MG dramatically improved my Yamaha DVDS2700 , even over other HQ mains leads

Though i found my Trichord phono stage seems imune to mains quality ! probably because of the NCPSU .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Some products are immune, some aren't I've found. Both my AVI and Croft preamps seem immune, yet my CD player needs a high-current filter/conditioner on its supply. Both pairs of ATC actives I owned liked ferrites on their 16A mains leads (Mark Grant wasn't around then), the bass seemingly more articulate with the ferrites in place.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Darren.

Hello All.

I’d just like to say a big thank you to Mark and Tracey for their prompt service and excellent communication when supplying me with a DSP 2.5 mains cable. The item arrived in Jersey only two days after ordering it, plus the dreaded VAT had been duly removed.

I shall be getting DSP 1.0s for my Blu Ray, DVD Recorder, and Sky HD, and another 2.5 for the TV.

Regards,

Darren

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Cotter View Post
    I shall be getting DSP 1.0s for my Blu Ray, DVD Recorder, and Sky HD, and another 2.5 for the TV.
    I think you'll be suitably amazed Darren, i know i was Only fitted to my TV & BD player so far but the difference in picture quality from switch on was very noticeable indeed. Again things appear to improve with use, only about 10 hours on them so far

E2A:- Darren, would you mind popping into the welcome area of the forum & introducing yourself? Thanks in advance
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Darren.

Hi All,

I've just ordered two DSP 1.0s for my Blu Ray and Beresford Caiman+ DAC. This should improve not only my DVD/Blu Ray pictures, but also my CD sound, as I use the Blu Ray as a CD transport.

Regards,

Darren

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    Yes, Lindy and Tacima are the same. I don't like to put 'boxes' between the wall socket and my kit (in principal) but reviews suggested it was something that was a 'no brainer' in terms of improving system sound. So I thought - give it a go.

I was surprised at the difference it made .... a bit like adding MG mains leads in but on a smaller scale. Must have dirty mains here. Not saying it works for everyone, but for £40 ..... worth a try.

The MG mains leads improved the system sound a by a margin again.
    Having looked at your posts so far I see you have as of yet not popped into the Welcome section of the forum to say hello, tell us a bit about yourself, taste in music and audio system.

If you could do that, that would be great as we love to Welcome new members properly and find out all about them.

Regards D S D L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415