+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dauntless's Bibs and Bobs.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

I've so nearly bought some of these a few times as the BMR interests me - getting one driver to run smoothly over those frequencies in theory solves a lot of problems, you don't need a 3 way speaker with the added complexity - same as some JBL but the compression driver they use is expensive. Got too many speakers already, though.

I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about how they sound once you have put some time in with them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've so nearly bought some of these a few times as the BMR interests me - getting one driver to run smoothly over those frequencies in theory solves a lot of problems, you don't need a 3 way speaker with the added complexity - same as some JBL but the compression driver they use is expensive. Got too many speakers already, though.

I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about how they sound once you have put some time in with them.
    I took the A500 out a few weeks ago and put the Monarchys back in wired as mono's. I'm liking the Aeromax 6's very much with all types of music. The BMR drivers are nice and smooth and give a good perspective to the sound. The dynamics are good and they don't screech during crescendo during classical. I would say that their strengths are in stereo presentation with a solid block between speakers and their ability to work well at low volumes. I find myself listening at lower volumes in general as I don't need to increase the volume to hear the low level detail. They are fitted with bass woofers rather than bass mids and this shows in the bass which is nicely detailed. All in all a very happy buy at a decent price with good WAF. I've got the speakers around 25cm from the rear walls and I don't need the foam bungs supplied with the speakers.

+ Reply to Thread