+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phono stage output into passive preamp?

I'm Dave.

Ok thanks Mike, so basically it would work in some instances but maybe not others. That'll do for me. At least I know what's possible so I can do some testing for myself.

Cheers.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Alan.

Hi - just wondering why no mention of the Music Angel pre-amp - there should not be a problem running a phono stage into that. I do not have any experience of this pre but it must have 'normal' line level inputs.

If you really want to have a 'passive' preamp look for LightSpeed Attenuator; probably one of the finest going - but you have to build it yourself - or buy one from Australia from the (small scale) manufacturer.

You will find quite a few people here who are using one.

Alan
    Alan.

I'm Alan.

I had been following your links - just noticed the thread on your pre-amp
    Alan.

I'm Dave.

Hi Alan,

The Music Angel is a possibility for the future but it will require quite extensive and expensive modification to install the features I need just to make it interchangeable with my passive. The Music Angel is now really just a play thing for me to tinker with and learn about valve equipment. I may use it for something later but for now I need a phono stage that will work with my passive.

Cheers.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234