+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which cartridge for my fettled Lenco GL-75

I'm brian.

A few months ago I took a chance on an untested shure v15 type 111 that came up on ebay for 40 notes. I t took me a while ( christmas was expensive!) but saved enough money
    ( £26) to buy a thakker genetic stylus. Well, when that needle dropped ,any noise to prove something was working would have been good, but what I heard really knocked me out
    specially for the princely sum of £66!. Purity of tone, separation of instruments, voices, depth, sweetness / warmth ? and just so so musical, a definite upgrade from my shure 75 ej.
    Y ou can see why these are so popular on ebay, I just got lucky mine went under the rada. So maybe one to think about Mike. Good luck anyway

I'm brian.

Thats with a Lenco gl75 also btw.

I'm Geoff.

Denon DL-110 works OK in the Lenco arm and sounds nice. It's a high output MC and works into MM inputs.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    A few months ago I took a chance on an untested shure v15 type 111 that came up on ebay for 40 notes. I t took me a while ( christmas was expensive!) but saved enough money
    ( £26) to buy a thakker genetic stylus. Well, when that needle dropped ,any noise to prove something was working would have been good, but what I heard really knocked me out
    specially for the princely sum of £66!. Purity of tone, separation of instruments, voices, depth, sweetness / warmth ? and just so so musical, a definite upgrade from my shure 75 ej.
    Y ou can see why these are so popular on ebay, I just got lucky mine went under the rada. So maybe one to think about Mike. Good luck anyway

tbh I've never heard a modern MM that sounds better than a properly set up v15/111.

(I'll now don my tin hat and hide behind the sofa. )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12