+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: capacitor question?

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    I'd suggest an output buffer stage that is load tolerant would be a start. Swapping caps is just a band aid for the technically insufficient.
    It has output buffer caps already but I don't know if they are load tolerant?
    John Wood 6L6 Valve Amp, with:

6L6GC Russian Original (no logo) Output Tubes 4x, supplied by J.Wood.
    ECC81 Mullard NOS Input Tubes 2x
    12AU7 (ECC82) Brimar NOS Input Tubes 2x

Wilson Benesch Actor Loudspeakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.
    M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF (co-axial) converter.

HP Pavilion G6 - 2382sa D0Y14EA#ABU + "The Teddy" 19/3 - 19V 3.5A LPSU.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

Sennheiser HD 558 headset.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

I'm paul.

This is what cary say about Buffering:

The audio output section, responsible for providing the actual musical signals, is based on proven Cary Audio designs for the best sound quality. The DAC-100 audio output uses high speed monolith buffers operated with non-global feedback to ensure optimum sound quality. The DAC-100t audio section consists of two (2) 6922 tubes operated in a non-global feedback configuration. In both cases, the audio section is fed with its own discreet low noise power supply.
    Once the digital bitstream is managed it is sent to the digital to analog conversion section, comprised of two (2) ESS Sabre ES9023 24/192 DAC chipsets. These circuits accurately recreate the analog musical signals and send them to the buffered solid state (DAC-100) or vacuum tube (DAC-100t) analog output stages, and then out to the gold-plated RCA or XLR balanced outputs. All of these processes are designed to have no compromises in sound quality, and provide the very best musical reproduction in its price class.
    The DAC-100 and DAC-100t provides a buffered hi-performance line level audio section in either solid-state (DAC-100) or tube (DAC-100t). The DAC-100 uses four high speed monolithic non-feedback buffers and the DAC-100t uses two (2) 6922 premium tubes in non-feedback buffer. You can choose either RCA or balanced XLR via the jacks on the rear panel. Using shielded, high-quality interconnect cable is important to reduce the possibility of hum or interference.
    Some settings may need to be adjusted depending on many factors. A common one is adjusting the buffering for playback. Many times, setting the buffer to on or max can result in better performance. If you hear a ticking or missing parts of the music, you may have to select a feature of your media player to flush the device buffer on startup and so on.

BASIC SPECIFICATIONS
    .................................................. .................................................. ............................................
    USB Processor XMOS Asynchronous processing
    .................................................. .................................................. ............................................
    SP/DIF Input Receiver Wolfson model #WM8805
    Digital to Analog Converters 2 X ESS Sabre ES9023
    Digital Inputs 5 selectable inputs – (2) coaxial (gold plated), (2) Toslink, (1) USB
    Analog Output RCA analog output (gold plated)
    XLR Balanced
    Input Sample Rates Accepted* 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
    Bit Depths Accepted 16 - 24 bit, LPCM 2-ch audio stream
    Power Transformer Toroidal transformer (Digital Supply)
    Toroidal transformer (Analog Supply)
    Dynamic Range 112dB
    Signal to Noise Ratio 109dB
    Noise and Hum -101 dB below rated output
    Audio Output Level 2.0V RMS
    Frequency Response 20Hz – 22kHz
    AC Power Requirements 120 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
    240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
    Tube Compliment 2 – 6922 tubes
    (DAC-100t)
    Dimensions 15.5” L X 17.25” W X 3.5” H
    Weight 21 lbs.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    One possible source of braided copper for shielding is to use the braided screen from co-ax cable. It's possible to remove the outer insulation (though you might be better off not removing it) and pull out the center conductor if the cable isn't very long. Some cable is easier to work with than others.
    ...would the braided screen need to be grounded/earthed?

I've not seen any caps earthed this way on thousands of photos! Only basic short circuit screening.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I can't see why it would make any difference. You could earth either.

Should I choose to do this, I personally would put thin teflon sleeving on the capacitor wires and then screen with copper foil or braid. At least that can have wires soldered to it for earthing connections.

Desoldering braid is thin, made of copper and often tubular. I have some that would be ideal as a narrow screening braid.

...do you have a pic please?
    cheers!

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by the_doc735 View Post
    I couldn't possibly comment..... well I could... but don't these days
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Ohh go on, you know you want to!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Careful now! Down with this sort of thing!
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm paul.

...thanks for your help!

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    yes, go on, go on, go on, go on

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast