+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sounding superb - my vinyl finally sounds awesome

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I was going to ask if the Vivant was being used.
    You need to try a set of Alan's Monoblocks next.
    Behave now 😁 my wife already hates most of you don't add another to the list 😄

I WOULD like to try them but I can't see my TQ Claymore selling anytime soon to fund new amps, I've had it for sale several times now and barely any interest, ok I COULD afford to keep it but that would be a waste as it wouldn't get any use and just sit in a cupboard, I'd rather sell it and use the funds instead of dipping into our savings like I usually do 😉

I should really have bought those 100w Croft monoblocks that Vinyl sold, but they sold as the Croft Epoch was winging it's way to me, and I didn't want to buy them to go with the Epoch and then find out I didn't like the Epoch.

Must admit it's not like me not to just dive in and buy something 😀 regretting it now 😑

My other idea is to sell off my two other carts and the spare 774 I have which would get me a long way towards new amp/amps.

I'm Mike.

Also meant to add that I'm thinking why spend another £1000 when I'm liking how it sounds right now.

.Mind you demos are free......... 😉

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I meant trying the Epoch stage with your headamp as it's MM only.

Not keen to try anything different and bugger it all up lol
    The headamp needs to be used with MM! :-)

Tried it on the Vivant?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    The headamp needs to be used with MM! :-)
    I know, but I'm not going to bother as it's a pain to drag it all out ( my unit has sides and a back ) and hook it all up again.

Don't think the Epoch stage will best the Vivant anyway, and don't think any advantage adding the headamp to the Vivant MM side either 😉

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Weelll I think you may be surprised..

It may well not be better, but what it will do is put you several rows nearer the stage. Given your musical tastes you may well find this a good thing.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

I would leave it as is until, if it ever happens, that you feel its not what it was. Thats the time to tinker.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I would leave it as is until, if it ever happens, that you feel its not what it was. Thats the time to tinker.
    Yip you're right

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

I'll find out about the other tube in the Epoch though, more out of curiosity than anything else.
    The valve in the linestage is an ECC82 - though I can't remember the brand. There are a couple of valves in the power supply too, but I forget what they are.
    IB

I'm Neil.

My advice is: do not change a thing for at least 3 months. It is so difficult to get off the equipment listening bandwagon to music listening - man I spent so long listening to vocal sibilance rather than music.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Russell.

I'll agree, no need to change a thing until you get the itch. If it is performing like you want, and you are spinning one after the other, no need to mess up a good thing! You've got me itching to adjust my VTA, etc. it's been many hours on my new cart, the suspension has softened up I'm sure. It is almost eerie when you are making adjustments and suddenly it jumps into focus. Well worth the time and effort! One thing is certain, the longer you listen, the more you will know what to change next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast