+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a Mobile Choons Gizmo!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Great , thanks Will/Luke, I will investigate.

Last edited by smangus; 02-03-2017 at 16:41. Reason: names added

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Interesting... i see that is a change of operating system. Whats it like in comparison to ios? Does it still do chromecast , spotify etc
    Rockbox goes on the iPod instead of the original firmware, allows more flexibility and some say better sound quality, though I can't be sure on that. Still a great portable player by today's standards.

I'm Mike.

My Motorola X Play mobile beats my Fiio X3 Mark I. I use Hi-fiMan IEM's I won't go back to my Fiio now.

I have a 128gb card in mine and listen to it every day. Great battery life too.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

The Fiio stuff looks interesting, as does ibasso, choices , choices!

I'm Neil.

Sansa Clip, 64gb micro SD card, and a pair of Jays V-Jays headphones. Serious sound, ultra portable, well below budget.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Colin.

i second the Sansa Clip idea, I have one of them running rockbox, a 64gb card to fiio e05 headphone amp powering some Ultimate Ears TripleFi10s, big bass and plenty loud enough!

Exc headphones, whole unit was sub £70
    Last edited by fatreg; 04-03-2017 at 11:23. Reason: spelling

I'm Mike.

Thirded, I used to own a Sansa Clip and it was ace, cheap but it sounds great.

I'm Loz.

I'll add my backing for the Sansa Clip. Terrific portable gadget. Sounds smashing with a Fiio too. Great VFM factor.

I'm Colin.

Another way of looking at this, is rather than carrying the music, steam it, I use an app called Subsonic, which streams any folders I specify on my home network to the internet, an app on my phone then streams the music, I have circa 250gb of music at my disposal through subsonic, I am only limited by mobile signal or wifi, but over 3G works fine, over 4G/Wifi it's brilliant, you can spec if you want it to transcode anything, mine transcodes all FLAC/ALAC to 320, I use this at work and munch through data, roughly 1.2-1.4gb a DAY! but on 3 I get unlimited data so it's win win for me.

Then the appley thing you have works and the 32gb isn't an issue and no need to buy any hardware, subsonic premium (the bit that let's you stream) is $12 a year

I'm Richard.

Another vote here for the Sansa Clip and a large capacity MicroSD card. I've gone through a LOAD of portable players and phones. Never thought iPhones sounded any good. I have a Motorola X Play which is pretty good - attached a Meridian Explorer2 to that which made it a whole lot better and then eventually replaced that with a Pioneer XDP-100R which is £500 worth of player. It's a great bit of kit and does MQA but I keep on coming back to the little Sansa Clip. It plays louder than the Pioneer, OK it doesn't play hi-res material but there's no player I've taken on my travels that I've enjoyed more. It's an absolute bargain and the battery lasts ages between charges too. A good set of IEMs on the end of that and you can't go wrong.
    Rich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast