+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommend me a Mobile Choons Gizmo!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Hi all

Thanks for the views, my home comp is not set up for streaming, the Sansa seems to have the most votes so far. Any other ideas? Happy to consider leftfield stuff.

Cheers Andy

I'm tony.

Sansa clip is a great wee player and as mentioned expandable with a sd card. I use an I pod classic with 80 gig storage sounds pretty good even with big cans as the extra space lets you store everything lossless.

The best portable I have tried sonically is COWAN a real cut above. I have the wee no frills jobbie but the sonics are really good-well worth a look.

I'm Nathan.

A used Android phone with USB audio and a portable DAC/Amp, is what I usually recommend.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by fatreg View Post
    Another way of looking at this, is rather than carrying the music, steam it, I use an app called Subsonic, which streams any folders I specify on my home network to the internet, an app on my phone then streams the music, I have circa 250gb of music at my disposal through subsonic, I am only limited by mobile signal or wifi, but over 3G works fine, over 4G/Wifi it's brilliant, you can spec if you want it to transcode anything, mine transcodes all FLAC/ALAC to 320, I use this at work and munch through data, roughly 1.2-1.4gb a DAY! but on 3 I get unlimited data so it's win win for me.

Then the appley thing you have works and the 32gb isn't an issue and no need to buy any hardware, subsonic premium (the bit that let's you stream) is $12 a year
    Yup, I do this too. It's really easy to setup a subsonic server using an SBC (like a raspberry pi) and the DietPi installer (www.dietpi.com) works great, I stream audio from my home network to my phone (or any other internet connected computer) and then play it in the car with the phone connected over Bluetooth to the car stereo, some sort of magic!
    Last edited by Rothchild; 06-03-2017 at 19:54.

I'm Simon.

I've gone back from a fancy ibasso dx80 to a gen7 ipod with sd card conversion. No difference in sound quality to speak of but I do get 40 hours off a recharge now.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Adam.

I've got a Fiio X3 2nd Gen - sound quality is excellent. Even powers my Sennheiser HD650s reasonably well. Takes a 128GB micro SD Card.
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123