+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P1 cartridge replacement....last question, promise!!

I'm jayne.

Default P1 cartridge replacement....last question, promise!!

Everyone has been so helpful on here and I realise I am asking a lot of questions at the moment!!
    I want to use the performance pack on the P1 (so changing from the Carbon to the Bias) - I know how to change the cartridge, but I know nothing of antiskate and bias settings etc as it says it is all preset....The only instructions I have with the player are how to set it up from the box and nothing about the upgrades...I'm assuming the new cartridge will be a different weight, so what do I do? Hope someone can help!
    Last edited by MajikMoo; 02-03-2017 at 11:27.

I'm Grant.

On p1 you set antiskate to same level at tracking force give or take. Set up the arm with a/s at 0 and once youve got tracking force dialed in (use a set of scales for accuracy) then set a/s to approx same value . Check azimuth too if its adjustable.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

You need to be gentle with cartridges. Usually you take the arm off the turntable ( you need to disconnect the plug on the underside of the turntable) and remove the cartridge. Keep the stylus guard in place. Remove the cartridge leads from the cartridge with tweezers. Take note of the colours.
    Put the new cartridge close to the tonearm and put the tonearm leads in the correct pins. The cartridge bolts do not need over tightening.

Keep the stylus guard on new stylus in place. Replace the tonearm.

With the tonearm in place, balance with counterweight till the tonearm is neutral. Zero the indicator on the counterweight, now dial in the recommended weight that came with cartridge.

Not familiar with this turntable, but this should give you some idea.

I'm jayne.

Thanks guys - It's more that the arm has no adjustment, it is meant to all be preset (sorry should have made that clearer). So, I'm wondering if I am right in assuming it is set for the Carbon as well as the Bias2 cartridge, even though they're probably different weights. I am only putting on what Rega recommend for this deck, so I am probably worrying about nothing. I just wanted to check - this is all new to me!

I'm Grant.

The RB100 is Rega's entry level arm, fitted as standard to the P1 turntable. Distinguishing features include the simple machined aluminium arm tube with bonded headshell, Goldring GR1 style three-point arm base fixing, plastic rear stub and black counterweight.

rega rb100 headshell
    As on the RB250, VTF adjustment is a simple arrangement where the weight is turned 180 degrees for 1gm of tracking force. Anti-skating bias is magnetically applied via a plastic, sliding knob behind the arm holder and VTA is non adjustable.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jayne.

It's a RB110 arm and as far as I can see, there's nothing to adjust. I just had to put the weight on and that was it.

I'm Grant.

Pm hifidave here. He is the rega guy and sells the stuff. Sure he will keep you right. Must have changed arms as it used to be the rb100
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jayne.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The RB100 is Rega's entry level arm, fitted as standard to the P1 turntable. Distinguishing features include the simple machined aluminium arm tube with bonded headshell, Goldring GR1 style three-point arm base fixing, plastic rear stub and black counterweight.

rega rb100 headshell
    As on the RB250, VTF adjustment is a simple arrangement where the weight is turned 180 degrees for 1gm of tracking force. Anti-skating bias is magnetically applied via a plastic, sliding knob behind the arm holder and VTA is non adjustable.
    Thank you (Again!!)

I'm jayne.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Pm hifidave here. He is the rega guy and sells the stuff. Sure he will keep you right. Must have changed arms as it used to be the rb100
    Great stuff! Thank you!

I'm Grant.

Looks like bias is automaticlly set with vtf.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast