+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem logging on to Moode / Volumio with no internet access

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I can reserve IP addresses for specific things on my router.
    I'd have thought it possible on most other routers - it certainly seems to be the case on most of the ones I've seen when I have to play with them at work.

In my case the Squeezebox Touch players (both of them), the NAS (which runs Logitech Media Server), and the printer all have reserved addresses.
    I ended up doing it (reserving the IP addresses) because the router was renewing IP leases every few days, and it was screwing up the Squeezebox setup.
    Things have been nice and stable since.

I only had the problem raise its head when Virgin increased my broadband speed, and they sent me a new router to handle the speed increase.
    The new router is from Netgear, as was the previous one, yet the new one started playing silly beggars with my LAN IPs, whereas the previous one just behaved itself.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Im with plusnet fibre. Router is ok as it does its job i guess but its not as good a service as it was. I would move but its finding someone better. Its reasonably quick for ftb at about 28 but the wifi is a bit patchy upstairs. Might get the band changed. Was hoping some company would come up with a good deal with extras like tv for same money and not 60 quid connection fee but not so far. Virgin keep saying they are coming to my street soon, but im getting old and cant wait til im 100 to get it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

WiFi analyser is a good tool for checking out which of your neighbours is on the same channel as your router.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Barry.

You might find it easier to set a static ip address in moode network config, I use 192.168.2.98.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    WiFi analyser is a good tool for checking out which of your neighbours is on the same channel as your router.
    Will give that a spin chris,
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luke.

Great tip, Kit1cat, thanks.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Found it on android.. seems good. Im on channel 11 and everyone else around me is on 4,5,6. They look to all have basic bb. I seem to be only one on fibre
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Hi. We are moving house and asked Talktalk to set a new line up in the new place whilst disconnecting this one. But things didn't work out.so I cancelled the disconnection but they just disconnected us anyway.... Talktalk imo are utter garbage and I'm seriously not happy with them. We were also getting 3 to 4 calls a day from scammers saying they were from Talktalk telling me that my router was downloading data. That started after we changed our details.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Simon.

I've always been able to set IP address for my connections (laptop, desktop, etc) as I always used to get an IP clash where both were given the same whenever both were powered on at the same time. I ended up just reserving them each a seperate IP. I did the same with my RPi. Not only do I never have any trouble with it connecting but as I know it's address I can easily type it in and the UI comes straight up, no need to search for the IP it's been given.

Sometimes this feature can only be found in advanced settings in the router menu.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    I've always been able to set IP address for my connections (laptop, desktop, etc) as I always used to get an IP clash where both were given the same whenever both were powered on at the same time. I ended up just reserving them each a seperate IP. I did the same with my RPi. Not only do I never have any trouble with it connecting but as I know it's address I can easily type it in and the UI comes straight up, no need to search for the IP it's been given.

Sometimes this feature can only be found in advanced settings in the router menu.

When I first started using moode that is what I hoped to do, then I discovered none of my routers supported that option (old Belkin routers), but the problem was solved when Tim added the option to moode network config.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast